You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: As the reunion rumors are on a treadmill...

What I don't buy is this notion that they will bring this drummer to play these songs and that drummer to play these other songs.   I know that's what happened a few years ago at the HOF, but that was a one time thing.     

I would just assume keep Frank on drums, he has the talent and has been playing these songs for years anyway.    That keeps it neutral.

And if Izzy only wants to make guest appearances, keep Richard on board.   

I could see perhaps one or two CD songs in the mix (title track comes to mind), maybe even a Slash or Duff song.   Tommy plays his own stuff sometimes, Bumble played some of his stuff.    There were a few tracks on Slash's first solo album I thought would work with Axl's voice. 

Setlist tho, the vast majority of it will likely be more of the same.   Jungle, Brownstone, Patience, all the core songs.

Meantime, if Guns would release CD2 and tour with Robin and Duff...

Sure. I'd be curious. 50%
Impress me. On the fence on Robin &/ CD2. 7%
Nah. Wake me up when the reunion happens. 43%
Total votes: 28
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mama's Boy I don't really buy the rotating drummer thing either.  It reeks of fanboy wet dreams and that's not how the world works.  yes it happened at the HOF but thats not a reunion tour. Only way a Adler/Sorum combo happens is if Adler is picked and Sorum is on standby or if an Adler/Sorum combo is used where AFD is played in its entirety in mid set and Sorum handles all other songs.

Setlist....yeah it will be similar without post 93 stuff. I think its going to be catered to casuals/hipsters and I think the set will reflect that. I also think we're not going to see legendary length sets either. Gonna be wham bam thank you ma'am and off to the next show.

For shits and giggles I'll post a set that would cater to casuals because thats what matters although like SG, they will probably rotate one or two different deep cuts.

Jungle
MB
NT
OTGM
CW
DNB or 14 Years
DC
LALD
ISE
DTJ
NR
TG
Patience
RQ
YCBM
DDM, PTU,  or other deep cut

Estranged
SCOM
KOHD
PC

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I've always been leery of the multiple drummer idea; if a reunion were to happen, I imagine we'd get something like Axl/Duff/Slash/Fortus/Frank/Pitman/Dizzy. Izzy, Sorum and Adler can drop in for guest spots, like Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor did on the recent Stones tour.

Agree that the setlist will definitely be aimed at the casuals, with one or two deep cuts – or new songs. I suspect that to sate the appetite for new material while trying to keep momentum going, we'll get that two-disc Best Of with two or three new tracks. Because making an album isn't worth the trouble: https://classicrock.teamrock.com/featur … -new-album

James

James wrote:

To anyone who says Izzy doesn't matter and the crowd doesn't give a fuck about him and it can easily be Fortus or Pee Wee Herman instead,  I'll let Izzy and this crowd's reaction to him and this UYI deep cut do the talking....

Think he got a crowd pop there? Wait until reunion time and the crowd hears....

He lost his mind today. He left it out back on the highway...

My magic 8 ball tells me Izzy gonna kick ten tons of ass on a reunion tour...

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Wow - Izzy still the coolest cat of all - that was killer. Indeed - he needs to be part of a reunion or fuggedit..

James

James wrote:

If that vid doesn't convince the blind, maybe a VR crowd's pop for Izzy will make them see the light....

Izzy just brings it no matter which side of the fence he plays on.

elevendayempire

James Lofton wrote:

If that vid doesn't convince the blind, maybe a VR crowd's pop for Izzy will make them see the light....

Izzy just brings it no matter which side of the fence he plays on.

I was at the O2 gig where Izzy came out. Half the people standing next to me had no idea who he was.

James

James wrote:

That massive pop from the crowd begs to differ.

I also wouldn't expect all casuals/hipsters to know who he is or know the full backstory.  Both those vids prove there will be enough thousands in attendance to give him the applause/respect that he deserves.

I get being near a few people who don't know but do you seriously believe an arena or stadium full of people are not going to go bat shit when he walks out there?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, Slash looked badass in that above clip.

elevendayempire

James Lofton wrote:

That massive pop from the crowd begs to differ.

I also wouldn't expect all casuals/hipsters to know who he is or know the full backstory.  Both those vids prove there will be enough thousands in attendance to give him the applause/respect that he deserves.

I get being near a few people who don't know but do you seriously believe an arena or stadium full of people are not going to go bat shit when he walks out there?

I don't need to believe, I was there. I saw the reaction. It was, "Who's that, then? Izzy? Huh. Cool." It wasn't the Second Coming, it was a collective shrug.

Board footer