You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: As the reunion rumors are on a treadmill...

PaSnow wrote:

I highly doubt Duff would join a GnR without Slash. Won't happen.

As for an album/reunion, I wouldn't mind a CD2, but I don't foresee it.  If, and it's a big IF, GnR reunited with the AFD or UYI era (Sorum) and announced it soon, they could definitely being selling dates for next summers tour. Would have to happen soon tho. A Super Bowl reunion would rock the house, but wouldn't happen not just due to lack of interest & commitment, but the strict timelines & Axl's notoriousness to being late. Ashame, that would definitely generate buzz.

Meantime, if Guns would release CD2 and tour with Robin and Duff...

Sure. I'd be curious. 50%
Impress me. On the fence on Robin &/ CD2. 7%
Nah. Wake me up when the reunion happens. 43%
Total votes: 28
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

As for an album/reunion, I wouldn't mind a CD2, but I don't foresee it.  If, and it's a big IF, GnR reunited with the AFD or UYI era (Sorum) and announced it soon, they could definitely being selling dates for next summers tour. Would have to happen soon tho. A Super Bowl reunion would rock the house, but wouldn't happen not just due to lack of interest & commitment, but the strict timelines & Axl's notoriousness to being late. Ashame, that would definitely generate buzz.

According to the insiders, Duff has made it clear he wants back in, Slash or no Slash, and has wanted back in for a while. He wasn't just doing the band a solid playing the SA tour with them.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

According to the insiders, Duff has made it clear he wants back in, Slash or no Slash, and has wanted back in for a while. He wasn't just doing the band a solid playing the SA tour with them.

Not buying it.  I'll believe it if it happens, but I don't think Duff would join this lineup:

Axl
Robin
Rich
Duff
Frank

It just seems like a terrible mish-mosh of random people.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Speaking of Slash/Duff/Izzy working on Chinese, I would LOVE to know what Ezrin's infamous "three songs" were considering the fact that around that same period Axl mentioned the possibility of letting Slash contribute to three songs. This was in 2001 before the Slash obsession went into overdrive. Axl even entertaining the possibility of letting Slash work on what were probably the best songs he had is interesting.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Cramer wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Having said all that, I understand fans like Cramer's current stance on this CD era.  Axl jumped the shark and many have lost interest in it completely. Someone like Cramer flew across the country in 01 to check it out but like me, probably wouldn't go down the block to see it now. .

Absolutely correct.

I am in exactly the same boat.  In 2007 I watched them locally here in Perth, then flew across to the other side of the country (Melbourne) and caught 2 shows there.

If another CD version of the band were to play locally again I honestly don't think I would waste my money seeing them.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Speaking of Slash/Duff/Izzy working on Chinese, I would LOVE to know what Ezrin's infamous "three songs" were considering the fact that around that same period Axl mentioned the possibility of letting Slash contribute to three songs. This was in 2001 before the Slash obsession went into overdrive. Axl even entertaining the possibility of letting Slash work on what were probably the best songs he had is interesting.

That's really interesting. I don't remember that at all.
I'm guessing This I Love is nailed down for Slash - cant really think of any others that scream him other than perhaps Street of Dreams.

As to Ezrins list of three, it's an interesting one... Better, Catcher and Prostitute?

What's your thoughts on Richards involvement in any of this James? I know you've never been his biggest fan (where's Nesquick these days btw?) but for me he could almost be a key player here - his versatility could really bridge the gap between eras..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That's really interesting. I don't remember that at all.
I'm guessing This I Love is nailed down for Slash - cant really think of any others that scream him other than perhaps Street of Dreams.

As to Ezrins list of three, it's an interesting one... Better, Catcher and Prostitute?

What's your thoughts on Richards involvement in any of this James? I know you've never been his biggest fan (where's Nesquick these days btw?) but for me he could almost be a key player here - his versatility could really bridge the gap between eras..

I don't dislike the guy to the extent I did years ago but I still don't really consider him necessary. IMO we could see CD II released and Fortus having the same minimal contribution as he did to CD. Yeah I know he has recorded with GNR since then but he had recorded with the band 02-05 and look how that turned out. I always thought he was meant more as a touring member than anything. People shouldn't forget that he was only brought in as a touring replacement for Tobias although its crazy in hindsight that he was approached by the band in 99-00 but at the last second Axl thought of Bucket, asked him to join, and then Fortus was ignored.  His possible role in the band gets more interesting if the CD era is on the verge of being scrapped. IMO he's the only new GNR member who has a realistic shot of being included in a reunion down the road. I don't like the thought but its certainly feasible. He would only be needed as a replacement for Izzy or if they decide to continue with the 3 guitarists concept. I am in the group of fans who believe its laughable to even think that any CD material will be played on such a tour, so his versatility is irrelevant in that situation. He will not be handed any solos on old GNR material. Is Slash going to go backstage and take a piss while Fortus does the NR solo? 16

I don't know about Better. Was the timeline for that track nailed down to a specific year? I know 99.9% of this stuff was completed back then but even if it was, hard to imagine asking Slash to rework a song brought to the table by Finck. I also cant imagine songs like Sorry being one of them either as any songs obviously about Slash would have been awkward to say the least. Also, the "three songs" comment was after Ezrin heard it all back then, not just the songs from the album we got in 2008. The only three songs he felt worthy of a GNR album might be tracks we haven't heard yet although I don't really believe that. Maybe one.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Those three songs might include some of the stuff Richard mentioned that is based on Slash's own riffs.

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Not buying it.  I'll believe it if it happens, but I don't think Duff would join this lineup:

Axl
Robin
Rich
Duff
Frank

It just seems like a terrible mish-mosh of random people.

I actually could see that happen. Don't forget that Duff was still in the band when Robin joined.

Duff said in 1999 wrote:

I played with Robin a few times and he’s a great guy.

And he seemed to be very open to the new guys when he filled in for Tommy. IMO, Duff rejoining is way more likely than a reuinion that includes both Duff and Slash.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I also cant imagine songs like Sorry being one of them either as any songs obviously about Slash would have been awkward to say the least.

I could imagine Axl having written the lyrics to Sorry post 2000, or even after the first Chinese Democracy tour where he was confronted with all those "where's Slash" T-shirts...

Sky Dog wrote:

James, Fortus can really play....certainly better than DJ and Ron. That's all I have to say about that.

As for a mixed lineup, fuck that. Either release CD II and briefly tour it properly with the players who wrote the songs (end the fucking era the right way). Or, move the fuck on to a UYI reunion tour with Duff, Matt, Axl, Izzy, Slash and Dizzy.  UYI will be 25 years old next year. Perfect timing. AFD will be 30 in 2017.

Board footer