You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: As the reunion rumors are on a treadmill...

polluxlm wrote:

Steven never moved past the 80s, and in 25 years he hasn't taken responsibility for his demise in the band.

You'd think a person would have some self insight into why people don't trust them after being a junkie for 35 years. And he might have been sober for 21 months, but still he tries to twist his getting absolutely hammered into Duff being at fault. After getting invited to play shows. Yet he can't understand why Duff doesn't think he's a cool guy.

Meantime, if Guns would release CD2 and tour with Robin and Duff...

Sure. I'd be curious. 50%
Impress me. On the fence on Robin &/ CD2. 7%
Nah. Wake me up when the reunion happens. 43%
Total votes: 28
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Vale wrote:

If there ever should be a reunion tour, Steven will never ever be their drummer.

I'm starting to believe this as well. The guy is just a mess. I didn't even know about that recent thing with Duff. It was the perfect opportunity to act like a responsible adult. Duff could have spread the word that he's got his shit together but instead he runs to the bar, literally the second he gets there. That shows what his priorities are.

He's got the support of many fans who always felt for him but the risk is just too high for his involvement. I also agree with ID. The guy may have to be placed in a mental institution for his own well being if this ever gets off the ground.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I agree with you guys that Adler will need to be placed on suicide watch when he is left out of the reunion. He mentioned recently that Sorum wouldn't do the reunion without him, but I think Matt would accept the job and leave Adler in the dust quicker than you can say take me down to the paradise city. 14

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Here's the interview smile

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I don't mean to be an asshole here, but who gives a shit about Steven Adler? Honestly? How many song-writing credits does he have? Is he a cornerstone of the band?

Well he lacks any substantial credits, and clearly was replaceable with Matt Sorum. To conclude, the guy doesn't matter.

If a reunion were to happen, he would be a huge liability.

The guy is stuck in the past.

When I think of key Guns members from the past I think of: Axl (1 in songwriting credits), Izzy (number 2 in credits), Slash, and then Duff.

I never am like, who Steven Adler, that guy rocks Guns' needs him.

The drumming position is very replaceable.

I am personally hoping, the Rose just gets back with Finck and Buckethead. Dream a little dream here.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Most interesting thing about that interview is when Trunk reports from his source that the other band members do intend to include Adler. If that's the case, Adler needs to shut his fucking mouth. Might already be too late with his recent blowup.

Sundance, Adler didn't write the songs but he absolutely played a key part in the GN'R sound. As great as the songwriting itself is, they benefited from Adler's drumming on the album and in all those legendary club shows from the early days. Matt Sorum was never able to recreate the same kind of energy on the Appetite songs.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Adler didn't write the songs but he absolutely played a key part in the GN'R sound. As great as the songwriting itself is, they benefited from Adler's drumming on the album and in all those legendary club shows from the early days.

This, I absolutely agree with, Steven's drumming is an essential part of that appetite sound.

tejastech08 wrote:

Matt Sorum was never able to recreate the same kind of energy on the Appetite songs.

This however... Matt is perfectly capable of replicating Steven's appetite groove and energy. On the songs where he wrote the drum parts, there's a distinctly different energy though, that's for sure.

AtariLegend wrote:

Adler threatening suicide if a reunion happens and he isn't included? I guess it's still Axl's fault.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

They could let Adler do a set at the first show or if it was just one show. More than one show it will probably be a "no".

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Adler, on Trunk Show, wrote:

Asked if it's true that he recently said that he would kill himself if the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup reunited without him, Adler said: "I would probably feel like I would wanna kill myself, but I wouldn't. I would probably just kill them. [Laughs] 'Cause if I'm not doing it, they're not doing it. If I'm going down, they're going down."

That's the spirit!

Board footer