You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Heroin

FlashFlood wrote:

I lost my brother to an overdose last night. I don't know anybody on this board personally, but I feel like it's a good place to vent semi-anonymously while I'm not sharing my true emotions with many people.

Addiction is no joke. Anybody who follows GnR should know that. For as much shit as we give Adler and others for their own demons (myself included), you can lose sight of how truly perilous it can actually be.

If you know anybody battling addiction of any kind, I feel for you.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Very sorry to hear that flashflood...my sincere condolences to you and your family

I've been fortunate enough not to have dealt with addiction in my life other than people close to me smoking cigarettes

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I can't imagine how it must feel. A few alcoholics in my family, but not with those consequences.

Hope you get through it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sorry to hear that FlashFlood, that truly has to be difficult. I never touched the stuff, although a part of that is likely because none of my friends (who were by no means completely clean) never did either.  Had any of they, who knows.  Sometimes circumstances just play a part in it all. It's gotta be challenging being friend or family to an addict, in many ways even harder to have lost someone to it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your brother.

I got sober on Sept 10th 1997, and asked my old best friend (and co-junkie since childhood) to come with me. We had been getting drunk and high together for a decade.

He was unwilling or unable to do so.

I wrote him a 10 page letter a few years after that, outlining a successful sobriety program, told him life could be better, and begged him to try. He didn't and died a few years after that at age 37 in 2008. He had a cardiac arrest.

I'll never forget that. Mostly because we went down the same path and I was able (by a miracle) to get clean. His story was mine if I had not.

I'm middle aged now, and our friendship is just a memory. His daughter has grown up and now has a baby of her own. It's all very odd, even after all these years.

My condolences.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sorry for your loss.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

WOW. What a tragedy. I am on my phone right now but when I get home I have some things to say. I have been dealing with addiction since 1989 and you're right....it's no joke.

AtariLegend wrote:

Sincerest sympathy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Very, very sorry to hear Flash Flood...  Prayers your way. Heroin is very big right now among our youth. Very scary.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Sorry man. I've been there. Lost a good friend to herion. And two childhood friends have been in and out of rehab down in Florida for years now. Addiction is no joke. I've been there with different substances. It's something you can't understand unless you're in it and even then it's hard to grasp.

Guns is right, Herion has taken off again and its a scary thought. I personally believe it stems from pills. Once your pill habits become to expensive and you need something cheaper and quicker too many turn to dope and that's the hardest street to get off.

Board footer