You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

sp1at wrote:

It's still amazing how GN'R worked with AEG/Goldenvoice for Coachella, then jumped ship to Livenation so quickly.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It's still amazing how GN'R worked with AEG/Goldenvoice for Coachella, then jumped ship to Livenation so quickly.

With Axl it seems to be par for the course.

AtariLegend wrote:

Forgot about this thread.

I probably should have had more faith tongue.

My prediction rate is so bad. Might as well just say the opposite of what I think from now on. Be like George on Seinfeld. 16

johndivney wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great thread. Hard to believe its been a year already.

Where's that album? 18

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

In the vault.

johndivney wrote:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

When the contracts were signed, the plan was to get the album out before the news broke. Something happened to make that not an option. I don't know if that something was all the speculation once it became known they were speaking or the money at coachella, but something changed the plans.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

buzzsaw wrote:

When the contracts were signed, the plan was to get the album out before the news broke. Something happened to make that not an option. I don't know if that something was all the speculation once it became known they were speaking or the money at coachella, but something changed the plans.

Whaaaat? The DJ/Bumble/Stinson album? Or a rerecorded one with Slash and Duff?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Whaaaat? The DJ/Bumble/Stinson album? Or a rerecorded one with Slash and Duff?

The DJ etc lineup.   Axl wanted it to be judged on its own merits before the reunion news broke. Once the reunion news broke, that album had no chance of favorable reviews no matter how good it was.

AtariLegend wrote:

No one wanted a DJ era line-up album. Those of us like me that wanted to hear the album in it's original format or with Buckethead were enough of a niche.

Who was a DJ era album with Bumblefoot ruining more Bucket/Bryan May material supposed to appeal too?

We're never going to hear a 97-2001 era album, so just scrap it and have Slash, Duff re-record anything they'd use like Atlas Shrugged ect. No point in them just adding more layers.

To be honest, I don't expect a new album. A few years ago, I wouldn't have expected a reunion to happen or to be as successful as it has been though.

Board footer