You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Thanks for the insight Splat. .. would be cool to see something materialize out of all these rumors

On the flip side ...I wonder how the fan base would react if the 2002 lineup showed up at the festival 16 just to throw a complete fucking monkey wrench in the reunion mix

As long as CD II was rolled out before the tour I would be perfectly fine with an 02 reunion but I feel the ship sailed on that era. Its been 13 years. You can sandwich TWO AFD-TSI eras into that time frame.

In addition to that, you'd have to be a real GnR need to even know what the 02 line up was....

I wouldn't pay big money as a promoter for that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've heard from a different source than my other information that gnr have 2 dates at the United Center in Chicago this year. Don't know the dates yet, but there's no way they are playing 2 dates there without Slash.

Edit: I hear Adele is coming there too, but don't care.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've heard from a different source than my other information that gnr have 2 dates at the United Center in Chicago this year. Don't know the dates yet, but there's no way they are playing 2 dates there without Slash.

Thanks for the info Buzz

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Thanks. Keep posting anything you hear

--> I will check a few venues with a similar profile to see if we get a nay or the dreaded wall of silence.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Madison Square Garden, the Staple Center, Gaylord Arena, The Palace at Auburn Hills, the Arena where the Atlanta Hawks Play, are places I would check.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Madison Square Garden, the Staple Center, Gaylord Arena, The Palace at Auburn Hills, the Arena where the Atlanta Hawks Play, are places I would check.

Ok

Kiss are off the list now, Eminem is added to the list but is not a direct competitor

I will do some interview profiling next week to see if there were any changes in Duff and Slash over a period of time.

Calling it a day now as I have other work to do haha. I'll report back next week

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

but there's no way they are playing 2 dates there without Slash.

Can they even play two dates there with Slash? 18   I guess it can work on some level. If a second date in a city isn't doing well just throw $5-$10 Groupon tix out there to fill in the gaps.

If this is really going down, I hope they don't overextend themselves in the US like new GNR always did. Not the same thing obviously but a smaller scale tour right out the gate would be better than multiple shows in major cities/specific regions. After the first leg of the tour if its selling like hotcakes, then go for it all.

Either way, I'm not waiting for central valley dates like I did in 02 and 06. The "add five dates in a 80 mile radius in central Cali knowing zero will sellout so we cancel them" strategy will never make sense. While Axl didn't plan those tours obviously, I wish he had been asked about that in the chats.

I'll have to hit up Frisco or maybe LA.

I hear Adele is coming there too, but don't care.

I don't get the fascination with her either. Songs seem average at best and she isn't interesting on any level IMO.

I should give that album another chance though but I don't listen to any current music. Other than listening to Weiland material this past week, I've been diving into the discogs of people like Springsteen who I always liked but never heard all their material.

If GN'R are reuniting, interviews with Duff and Slash would probably show a change over a period of time. There will probably be less interviews, less questions about GN'R during the interviews and different answers to the stock answers they usually give

Hasn't that been the case since last year?

Good point on the radius clause but like you mentioned, its not set in stone. If Soundgarden can break that rule when a reunion kicks off, so can GNR.

Thanks sp1at for digging for nuggets. Someone needs to find a UMG release forecast. tongue

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

See ya here in Chicago, Buzz?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

See ya here in Chicago, Buzz?

For sure.  My wife already knows I'll be hitting a few shows around the country. 2 in Chicago with family and friends is a good start.

Sky Dog wrote:

Chicago would be nice....I checked with my Live Nation buddy here in the Atl....just rumors but he may not be far enough up the food chain to really know what is going on.

Board footer