You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: BST Hyde Park London Festival profile and rumours

sp1at wrote:

This festival falls under the same AEG umbrella as Coachella http://www.aegworldwide.com/music/festivals/festivals

Virtual Festivals claim Guns N' Roses will play a huge outdoor London venue in 2016 http://www.virtualfestivals.com/feature … -hatchets/

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I'll build the first post again as we go. This festival makes sense over other ones, worthy of it's own thread

I'll ask around and see if I can rule it out.

--> The promoter for this festival works for Goldenvoice, another good sign. He is on holiday until 29th Dec.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Good find. Almost sounds official.

The lack of an announcement may indicate dates are being set up as we speak. Going around fishing the best deals for months and months would explain the persistent rumors but lack of confirmation.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

It's a good festival to choose because it is not one people think about or discuss, so it is easier to keep it hush hush. Date wise, it is better than Reading and fits in better if the band decide on Rock in Rio and Roskilde. On the other hand, they are strict with bands being late.

It is also a possibility also that the band may do a standalone concert somewhere else.

For some reason, this festival just feels right. The line-up is needing a Guns N'Roses type band

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

My uncle runs a festival and he tried to get Axl's band in the past. At 500k they were too expensive. I wonder what they can charge now.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Coachella can pay up to 4 million dollars for bands. There is that article where GN'R are being offered 8 million dollars to do that festival

Reading, Download can pay 1-2 million pounds for their headliners, it depends who it is

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

It dawns why these guys suddenly are ready to get in the same room again. That's a lot of money to enjoy in retirement. Of course we knew the payday was going to be huge, but 10-15 times Axl's old fee, imagine the rest, puts in perspective how enticing it really is to them.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I have got one good avenue to go down with this rumour initially. Obviously it is Christmas, so it may take a few days.

I wonder if it going to be a few larger concerts next year rather than an intense tour. It would make sense

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

So a handful of festivals with the real tour in 2017 for an AFD shindig? If true, sounds like 2016 will be used to see how feasible a reunion really is. Iron out the kinks.  Hell, a 2016 test run would even allow them to change the lineup around to see what really works. That might put Adler in play for at least one show. Give him Coachella or something but not bring him in for the real tour.

So how does the prospect of seeing the old gang back together sit with me?

I’m about as nervous as a Star Wars geek checking the ‘Force Awakens’ cast list for any sign of Jar-Jar Binks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I wonder if it going to be a few larger concerts next year rather than an intense tour. It would make sense

For anyone still hoping for CD II(the numbers are dwindling), a limited 2016 tour probably ups the chances a bit. Its a double edged sword. He could forget about it immediately and the public at large wont care because they don't even know about it, or Axl and the label could sneak it in under the radar and even benefit from the reunion hoopla and coast on that as promotion.

Board footer