You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Mysterious Guns N’ Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide

James wrote:

Does make you wonder what the ballpark figure is on a promo campaign of this type. Also take into consideration this was probably planned in advance as you couldn't just tack this on last minute on such a film.

How long do blockbusters like this stay in theaters? I know this one is expected to break records so I'd assume for at least another month although this promo campaign wont necessarily last for the whole run.

johndivney wrote:

Yea this is the sort of "monumntal promo" Axl feels he deserves (without having to do any heavy lifting himself).

Good move. Cool thing to do.
Guns & Star Wars make me think of BH tho..

James

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Guns & Star Wars make me think of BH tho..

He could have been used so much better back then. The promotional possibilities were almost endless.

Is this going to be a US only promo? Other than China which major countries has this film not been released yet?

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

Car Wash World Tour Starts NOW!!! 16

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

AEG are linked to the cinema world (as well as other media sources) through these affiliates http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affiliates/

This company appears to do cinema advertising http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affil … lcinemedia

I'll look into it

Ok, so we were right. It was reported that the advert was seen in Regal cinemas, which is an AEG afililiate per the link above, or here http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affil … nmentgroup

So, this could be a standalone GN'R advert or a GN'R at Coachella advert

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Damn I'm happy. Glad they could come back together before it was too late (obviously I'm assuming this is pretty much done deal!)

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

If GN'R advertise in newspapers, it could be through the Clarity Media Group http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affil … mediagroup

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

This thing is happening folks. I'm now convinced.
Going to be a whole lot of fun seeing how this unfolds - hope Uncle Axl is ensconced in a gym right about now, has cut down on the booze and is getting into fighting shape. Also hope he's seriously working on his vocals - this reunion would be a hell of a lot more if he is bringing his A-game.

Rumours around the web of them entering a studio in early 2016 to cut 1-2 new songs? That reeks of Greatest Hits or Box set. Additions to CD2?

Getting rather excited!

I read the Sludge report.

There is no movement from Universal, so I have no idea about recording new material.

The only aspect I find odd is that they said that Slash and co. are reportedly going to sign contracts in January. Why would AEG pile money into advertising GN'R if they hadn't signed anything already. It would represent a big risk and just doesn't make sense. But hey ho, who knows.

Whatever you think about the reunion, it has come across this time as a well planned project and alot of work has gone into, not just the planning, but keeping everyone quiet. They have done a commendable job.

James

James wrote:

Yeah credit where its due for how it played out. It started to look a bit half assed there for a bit but now that the real promo is starting I can appreciate the subtle approach.  I love how they dropped little clues here and there.  Only thing I didn't like  were Fernando's tweets but I realize even that served a purpose.

IF TB is responsible for aspects of this, kudos. We have yet to see any of them comment but now is when the real anticipation builds. We know for certain its coming, we just don't know what is exactly on the horizon. A reunion can come in several forms. Millions of casuals will just think reunion in general but hardcore fans are looking for different things.

Would they really go this far just to have it be a festival announcement? Yeah Coachella is the big enchilada but that's going a bit far IMO.

I take it as simply letting the world know in a big way that its coming. I don't think its promoting anything other than the fact more promo is coming.  Its 'Round 1'....

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:

Would they really go this far just to have it be a festival announcement? Yeah Coachella is the big enchilada but that's going a bit far IMO.

I take it as simply letting the world know in a big way that its coming. I don't think its promoting anything other than the fact more promo is coming.  Its 'Round 1'....

If Coachella is anything like other big festivals and I'm assuming it is given its size then it will sell out whoever is there. Aside from announcing the headliners there's no other promo needed beyond the norm, which this certainly isn't. Why burn up cash on teaser promos for an event that would be full regardless?

That is GNR promo, not Coachella, imo.

Board footer