You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Billboard confirm Coachella and possible US tour

Smoking Guns wrote:

A buddy of mine said he got an email from ticketmaster saying tickets going on sale soon. HOLY FUCK!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I read on Sludge that Howie Hubberman has said on FB that GNR are going to "do this right" and include Adler but negotiations are ongoing.

Looks like we're getting that AFD lineup somehow, at least for one show.

This was from Sludge via Stevie Rachelle, and it wasn't shot down by the insiders:

Metal Sludge wrote:

It's Axl, Slash & Duff. And whoever they decided to hire for the week, month or leg of a specific tour. If anyone so much as steps a foot to the left, they will be replaced faster than Summer's replaces clip-in extentsions on tour. Anyone who thinks it's just the 5 guys is higher than Scott Weiland was on Dec. 3rd. It's the Big 3, Dizzy will be on keys, Frank on drums and Richard on rythym. And Izzy will saunter in a few nights and do 2-3 songs. Adler will get a chance to play a song or two, and my guess, might even be done 38 Special style. With both drummers. I've heard from sources Axl does not like Sorum, and he's also said a few dumb things in recent years - so he's not likely to be there unless he bought a ticket. Scatter in a guest here or there on guitar, or Bach singing a duet with the boss on a night or two. Maybe if Fortus breaks an arm or something, they might bring in Gilby for a run of shows. I'd also wager there will be another utitlity player or two on the trek playing keyboards, or maybe even some extra guitar. Mark my words on all of this. #SuckIt

$ludge

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Like I said, Adler is in play and I have NOT given up on IZZY

misterID

misterID wrote:

Adler will probably have a bone thrown his way because of Slash, but I still think the band will be the hybrid.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The goal is to get the original 5 to play together. I realize a full tour is asking too much, but a nice pro-shot of the original 5 will satisfy me

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My only issue with the hybrid thing is it originated on the forums as a pipe dream and then sites like alternativenation ran with it as "news". Then everyone else started saying it too. I understand that it sounds legit and is certainly possible under the circumstances but I'm on the fence regarding the lineup until I see it officially confirmed. consequenceofsound is now claiming Sorum has the slot so we go from hybrid to UYI in the click of a mouse.

--

The band’s reunion lineup is unclear, though Axl, Slash, and Duff McKagan are all involved, sources tell CoS. Matt Sorum is believed to be behind the kit in place of original drummer Steven Adler. An official announcement is imminent.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/g … ella-2016/

Clearly that is not hybrid(if true). That leaves one slot open which Izzy has first dibs on, maybe even Gilby(doubtful), Fortus, or even a new guy. Hell, Kushner could even get it for all we know.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Just been discussing this with my wife and we are seriously considering taking up my uncle in San Fran's longstanding open offer to come and stay. Where would they playing around there guys?

We'd wait for them to come down to this neck of the woods (New Zealand or Australia) but is too big a risk? Would hate for it to implode before they made it down here. It's a bucket list item.

This is really exciting times. Really hope Izzy has more of a role than sauntering in for a few numbers here and there. Sorum is a legit option as far as I am concerned. Would be great to see Adler up there for a show or 2, but he is bound to be a liability for any major world tour one would think...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

ADLER IS PLAYING APRIL 30th at the M3 festival

https://twitter.com/jacobbunton/status/ … 8968745984

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Just been discussing this with my wife and we are seriously considering taking up my uncle in San Fran's longstanding open offer to come and stay. Where would they playing around there guys?

Levi Stadium in Santa Clara or ATT Park in San Francisco. The only other stadium option besides those two here is in Oakland.

One of those three stadiums will be picked. I think Levi is most likely since its the brand new stadium in this region and all major acts of 2015 have performed there.

Smoking Guns wrote:

ADLER IS PLAYING APRIL 30th at the M3 festival

https://twitter.com/jacobbunton/status/ … 8968745984

The window for Adler looks like it might be on the verge of being painted shut.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

My only issue with the hybrid thing is it originated on the forums as a pipe dream and then sites like alternativenation ran with it as "news". Then everyone else started saying it too. I understand that it sounds legit and is certainly possible under the circumstances but I'm on the fence regarding the lineup until I see it officially confirmed. consequenceofsound is now claiming Sorum has the slot so we go from hybrid to UYI in the click of a mouse.

--

The band’s reunion lineup is unclear, though Axl, Slash, and Duff McKagan are all involved, sources tell CoS. Matt Sorum is believed to be behind the kit in place of original drummer Steven Adler. An official announcement is imminent.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/g … ella-2016/

Clearly that is not hybrid(if true). That leaves one slot open which Izzy has first dibs on, maybe even Gilby(doubtful), Fortus, or even a new guy. Hell, Kushner could even get it for all we know.

Alt nation gets his info from Truth. It's one of the reasons Jim only conveys info by PM and only drops hints on the open forum... A lot of sites get their info from there. So the hybrid line up came from a good source.

Board footer