You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose To Talk "Guns N Roses" on Jmmy Kimmel Live(Not Happening)

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID's beliefs have changed many many times over the past few months. And he dismissed the reunion for a long time. But now he is on board. I think he is a lil sad it was Slash over Finck

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID's beliefs have changed many many times over the past few months. And he dismissed the reunion for a long time. But now he is on board. I think he is a lil sad it was Slash over Finck

My feelings have changed multiple times as well. I really gave up hope on this...

I had many times pitched the idea Axl leaving the band and contracting out all of the GnR positions...although almost no one ever saw the humor in that.

Let me pose a question....the only thing I feel is comparable to this scenario is the Van Halen reunion a few years back. I remember thinking - that seems to be a pure cash grab tour. Any thoughts on the parallels and non-parallels here?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Any thoughts on the parallels and non-parallels here?

Yeah, we'll see, but I think it's a cash grab. At least partially.  Really depends on if Gibly/Izzy & Matt/Steven are in.  If not, it really becomes so.  Also depends on new material.  Supposedly 2 songs are coming out, are these singles on movie soundtracks, or OMG garbage that gets released then nothing else appears.

A friend of mine humorously wrote on my FB  "# of shows before it implodes?"... Has to be a concern, wouldn't surprise me if they do schedule 25 or so shows if they never make it thru.

AtariLegend wrote:

I really don't get the logic that if those other guys were there, that this wouldn't have anything to do with money?

I don't get the Gilby love either, the guy didn't play on AFD, Lies or UYI. The only thing he really has over Tracy and Roberta is that he played guitar. I'm sorry, but only hardcore would give a fuck if Gilby was there.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I really don't get the logic that if those other guys were there, that this wouldn't have anything to do with money?

I don't get the Gilby love either, the guy didn't play on AFD, Lies or UYI. The only thing he really has over Tracy and Roberta is that he played guitar. I'm sorry, but only hardcore would give a fuck if Gilby was there.

What is it exactly has Fortus done again? Exactly. Gilby was there during the live era. That IS worth something.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What is it exactly has Fortus done again? Exactly. Gilby was there during the live era. That IS worth something.

Played on an album of original material. Lasted 14 years, played in front of an awful lot of people over the past 14 years.

If you hold Fortus in low regard, why are you using him as the benchmark that Gilby needs to pass? tongue.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Played on an album of original material. Lasted 14 years, played in front of an awful lot of people over the past 14 years.

If you hold Fortus in low regard, why are you using him as the benchmark that Gilby needs to pass? tongue.

Fortis said all the songs were written pretty much when he got there. I like Fortus but nobody he really know what he played on CD. I can actually hear Gilby on TSI. Can you hear Fortus on CD?  I didn't think so.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha!
I don't believe it tho. He's maybe a lil sad that he was wrong, but how could anyone be sad that it's Slash?!
I know he's loving it.
I know I am. Bring it on motherfuckers.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortis said all the songs were written pretty much when he got there. I like Fortus but nobody he really know what he played on CD. I can actually hear Gilby on TSI. Can you hear Fortus on CD?  I didn't think so.

To be fair to Fortus there were 8 other guitarists to compete with on the master tracks so I don't blame him.

Also, the one thing Slash has been missing on his solo stuff is strong rythym play. His rythym on his solo albums is basically taking a riff, the basic chords, and going through the motions. No real feel.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It's not 'Gilby love', personally I wasn't a huge fan either way.  Obviously I & anyone would want Izzy to be on next years tour.  Having said that, I doubt he will be, although he might.  Assuming he's not though, If it's Fortus(?) or Robin on rhythm & Frank or somebody on drums, then I'm sorry. It isn't a 'reunion', it's just a mish-mosh of Axl, Slash & Duff with CD leftovers. Kinda like Page/Plant wasn't a Led Zeppelin reunion, just Page/Plant.

Board footer