You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: GNR playing Hockenheimring/Germany in July

WARose wrote:

I´ve just read it in the metro. Bild is Germany`s biggest tabloid and they know their shit. Interesting point is, they say that Gnr had to wait until January for the announcement, because of Slash`s divorce.

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/g … .bild.html

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Thanks very much. Great news

So it looks like we are on the right tack for Europe. North America until the end of June, July it moves to Europe. Great stuff

I note AEG is a sponsor and has ties to the venue, so that's good.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

this is all over german news since a couple of days. the Hockenheimring thing obviously since today. and it`s all about axl and slash. BILD was the only one stating that it`s unsure wether Izzy will be there or not. for the general public it doesn`t matter who else is there.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

There's a few reports on Glastonbury, but the headliners there have there booked for at least six months, with Adele being a possible amendment to one of them in November (probably Prince who they supposedly book every year and he cancels every year). They also are unlikely to pay anywhere near what GN'R are asking of festivals. Stranger things have happened, but there has not been any chatter at all like we had with the Coachella thread.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
WARose wrote:

this is all over german news since a couple of days. the Hockenheimring thing obviously since today. and it`s all about axl and slash. BILD was the only one stating that it`s unsure wether Izzy will be there or not. for the general public it doesn`t matter who else is there.

It looks like a probable venue, and it also gives an indication as to what type of venue they are aiming for in Europe. By cross sectioning other bands that have played the same venue and AEG we can come up with other venues in Europe

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Does the article say this will be the only show in Germany? If so, although it is not great for Germany, it does add credence to the virtual festivals story which says GN'R will only be doing one large outdoor show in England in London. Two stories in tandem with each other.

So we need to find bands who have done a tour of Europe at one venue in each country, and link in AEG to it all. Or something to that effect

Slash's divorce is also mentioned. I remember reading about that on another forum so kudos to them for considering that. It's obviously a big factor in the timeline of the reunion and is therefore of interest.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

So, the Rolling Stones appear to be the best match. They have played Hockenheim, they have played BST, they often do one concert in each country and they are promoted by AEG. A promoter will always want to shadow a previous tour where possible

We cross section that with Adele, playing one venue in each country and promoted by AEG

We cross section that with Justin Bieber, similar profile.

We cross section that with Rihanna, similar profile

We cross reference that with Avicii, similar profile

We cross reference that with Justin Timberlake, similar profile

We cross reference that with Aerosmith, similar profile

We cross reference that with Paul McCartney, similar profile

GN'R will be touring in July, so some will be football/soccer stadiums because football/soccer takes a break during the Summer months.

I will bolden the strong matches as we go

Matches

Tele2 Arena - Sweden - (Both Rolling Stones and Adele, so venue match) AEG venue http://www.aegworldwide.com/facilities/ … tele2arena
Telenor Arena - Norway (Bieber, Rolling Stones, Adele and others, so 3+ x venue match)
Sportpaleis - Belgium (Match x5, if not playing Roskilde)
Hartwall Arena - Finland (Arena Venue match x3)
Ernst Happel Stadium - Austria (Venue match x3)
Ziggo Dome - Netherlands (Ziggo Dome Venue match x4, Gelredome Venue match x2)

Venues to check

Bernabau Stadium, Palau Sant Jordi - Spain
Circus Maximus, Arena di Verona, Stadio San Siro, Fiera Arena - Italy
Leztigrund Stadium, Hallenstadion - Switzerland (Leztigrund Stadium Venue match x2, Hallenstadion Venue match x2)
Forum, Jyske Bank Boxen, Parken, Refshaleøen - Denmark (Parken Venue match x2)
Rock in Rio, MEO Arena - Portugal
AccorHotels Arena, Paris Bercy, Stade De France - France (AccorHotels Arena Venue match x2, Stade De France match x2)
Arena Zagreb - Croatia
Tauron Arena, Stadion Narodowy - Poland
Eden Arena - Czech Republic
Lokomotiv Stadium - Bulgaria

I'll add more shortly.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

http://m.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk/Gun … story.html

This article is saying GNR are doubtful/unlikely for Glastonbury however are pencilled in as headliners for Download and Isle of Wight festivals in 2017. Not sure on their sources though, it could be us for all I know haha!

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

http://m.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk/Gun … story.html

This article is saying GNR are doubtful/unlikely for Glastonbury however are pencilled in as headliners for Download and Isle of Wight festivals in 2017. Not sure on their sources though, it could be us for all I know haha!

It originated from the old Channel 4 teletext music guy. I think he did get some information, but do not take anything he wrote seriously. I know Download very well, and they will not be playing there next year. Also, Download is Livenation, GN'R are AEG

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Juggling a 25 date stadium tour AND hitting the Euro festivals this summer? That is mighty ambitious. Since we have no idea when the tour really starts its hard to imagine such a schedule.

Board footer