You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

I'm not trying to be a bitch here or a Axl lover.

As I was a huge fan of the Buckethead and Robin Finck era. It hurt when those fucks left. And they replaced Finck with that mother fucking cunt DJ Ashba. I hated that guy huge.

Anyhow, long story short. I will take Axl Rose on a bad day over shit like Myles Kennedy. I saw some videos of him singing GN'R tracks and it is painful.

No emotion, no feel and the lack of intensity.

Even when Mr. Rose phones it in, he's still the only one that I think can sing Guns songs.

The energy too.

Iggy Pop is the only rock star that comes close to the magic I saw in 2002 and 2006.

Again just some guy's opinion.

But wow I hope during the reunion there is no special guest of Myles Kennedy. Cause' I almost hate that guy as much as Ashba, almost.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Myles is one of the good guys of rock. May not be your style but by all accounts he is a hard working dude that is very humble and is a great teammate. I agree Axl is better than Myles, but Myles sings SCOM better than Axl these days. Myles can still sing and doesn't rely on falsetto, a la Axl.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm with you Sundance. I have no interest in Myles. I don't even bother with Slash solo material. The greatest solo of all time could be on one of those albums and I wouldn't know it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, even Axlin16 listened to all of World on Fire for me. Some awesome riffage

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I've only heard Snakepit 1 & 2, and Contraband. That was more than enough for me to not bother wasting money on Slash CD's anymore 16 If there on Spotify I'll give them a listen tomorrow as Ive heard he has a couple of killer songs (Anastasia is one I always see mentioned)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

James, even Axlin16 listened to all of World on Fire for me. Some awesome riffage

Jesus Christ I knew you wouldn't let that die. Lol, I get high one day and blow through World On Fire, and give you my thoughts and you use it to promote Slash's albums practically. I guess it's a compliment... haha

When Slash gets around to the re-release with bonus tracks, SG is gonna be promotin' like a mother fucker...

SLASH: World On Fire -- Reloaded: Deluxe Limited Edition

"AWESOME!" -- Blabbermouth

"Album of the year!" -- Classic Rock Magazine

"Best Slash album since GN'R" -- MelodicRock.com

"Goes great with head" -- Eddie Trunk

"Has some nice riffage. Myles falsetto is okay on some songs" -- Axlin16

BUY IT TODAY!!!!

14 15 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Will wrote:

I've only heard Snakepit 1 & 2, and Contraband. That was more than enough for me to not bother wasting money on Slash CD's anymore 16 If there on Spotify I'll give them a listen tomorrow as Ive heard he has a couple of killer songs (Anastasia is one I always see mentioned)

This. SG is just ball bustin' me. The reality is Myles on his best day and Axl on his worst... is no Axl Rose. Myles does sing SCOM better than Axl these days, but even on Appetite For Democracy, I would've taken that SCOM over most Myles/Slash performances.

With all these GN'R with Slash, Duff, Dave & Matt rumors, and with Scott's death, I actually dug up and listened to VR with all the fans talking about their memories of VR... and.... wow.... VR HAS NOT aged well AT ALL.

Contraband is a little better than I originally gave it credit for. I loathed it in 2004. I still don't think it holds a candle to Chinese, but there are some solid songs on there... for their time. One of the main issues which plagues Contraband is it very much sounds like a record with singles from 2004. The album is not near what Slash fans make it out to be, and I actually think Slash's 2010 solo record is superior to it, but of those two, they are without a doubt the closest Slash has came since 1993 of re-capturing his Guns glory.

Libertad is a fucking drink coaster. That album was a waste of computer hard drive space in whatever studio they recorded it in. Scott phones it in and sounds wasted and uninterested even on the record, and most of the songs blend together and are VERY forgettable.

Bucket, even with his 800 albums a year, i'd take Bucket's solo records ANY DAY of the week over Slash's.

P.S.

For all you Gunners looking to catch up on what the returning old Guns were doing since 1990-1993...

My recommendations:

Slash -- VELVET REVOLVER: Contraband (2004) & Slash (2010)
Izzy -- IZZY & THE JU JU HOUNDS (1992) and honorable mention to 117 Degrees (1998)
Duff -- DUFF: Believe In Me (1993) & VELVET REVOLVER: Contraband (2004)
Steven -- ADLER: Back From The Dead (2012)
Matt -- THE CULT: Beyond Good and Evil (2001)

All of those are solid records. Solid. My favorites of the bunch are actually Duff's Believe in Me & Steven's Back From The Dead. But all of them are solid.

You really need nothing else other than those records. That is a definitive collection of all of their post-GN'R stuff.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: IFOCS is (to me) by leaps and bounds the best post-GNR album of any of the members (yes, that includes the Izzy stuff as well as CD). It's an album that had a couple of excellent singles, fan-servicing deep cuts and above-average fillers. It was a great reflection of where rock music was at the time without loosing sight of that rawness that was so unique to GNR. A dark-but-not-bleak album that sits right on the edge of grunge and post-grunge, with a healthy dose of hard rock infused in every riff and solo. I always say it's what AIC would've sounded like if they would've been from Louisiana.

Eric Dover is to my ears the best singer Slash has worked with post-Axl, and Beggars would've easily charted on-par with (or better than) GNR's non-ballad early 90's singles if it would've been released as a GNR song.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Myles is one of the good guys of rock. May not be your style but by all accounts he is a hard working dude that is very humble and is a great teammate. I agree Axl is better than Myles, but Myles sings SCOM better than Axl these days. Myles can still sing and doesn't rely on falsetto, a la Axl.

Myles is very good when he doesn't try to go for high notes. His natural voice is great and he should use it more often. High notes are way too nasally with him.

James you should check out Anastasia. It's the one song Slash has done that probably should have been saved for GN'R reunion. Awesome guitar work.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Hearing Axl talk is more interesting than hearing Myles sing.

Axl has one of the coolest speaking voices in rock, could probably have had a career just doing that.

Board footer