You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Reunions

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Journey with Steve Perry, one last time. The opposite of Gnr, where the band carried on after the singer left/got fired.

Good call. That one totally slipped my mind. On other music forums I've seen people say that he couldn't handle it but not too sure about that. I assume his voice is well rested. 16

Thought of another one but it hasn't been that long since the breakup.... REM

How do you think Prince and the Revolution would do? Most would say totally unnecessary but its been what...30 years? I assume that one would pull in some big crowds.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would LOVE... LOVE...

To see a Deep Purple show with Mk. II & Mk. III mixed together into one with Gillan, Coverdale & Hughes all performing songs with Blackmore and the rest of the band.

Other than that, Pink Floyd (happened), Dio Sabbath (Heaven & Hell), Zeppelin (happened), GN'R (happening RIGHT NOW MOTHERFUCKERS YEAH!)... and yeah, Bri called it.... one final Journey show with Perry on lead vocals.

James

James wrote:

To any lurkers here who might be Elastica fans....

I am going to ask Justine about this in April when I go to her solo showing at the Lawson Gallery in Frisco. Just gonna ask her straight up if the window has been painted shut.

James

James wrote:

I just found out that an Elastica reunion was a cunt hair away from happening last year. MIA was starting her own festival and wanted Elastica to headline.

She begged Justine, who initially balked and then thought what the hell, maybe we should do it one last time. Feelers were put out to the other three members and Annie, the bass player, a born again Christian, wasn't willing to play rock star ever again.

So that put an end to that. 4

Kinda ironic that the one time Justine is open to it, someone else shoots it down.

Anyway.....coffin nailed shut on this one.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Funny reading the older posts. I always thought at the time Savage Garden was gonna be that huge chick band that Maroon 5 became. Wrong place wrong time I suppose.

Jpurney w/Steve Perry should happen. They could likely sell out Vegas arena's for a month.

I agree Beatles in the 90s w/Julian woulda been big, probably better it didnt but I think John wouldve been ok with it.

I never knew Zep at Live Aid was so bad. Read it in comments somewhere, and yeah, it was bad. Deserved to never be done again. Someone wrote they saw a Page interview where he said he turned to Phil Collins and thought to himself "Mate, did you even bother to learn the songs?". I watched it on YT, and imho yeah it's forgettable.

192 weeks ago, you mustve wrote about Prince right before he died.

I was surprised Hootie toured this summer, thought that reunion would be big. I bet Oasis reunites soon, thats not big to me tho, thats more like taking time off. Lastly, Creed will happen, at some point.

James

James wrote:

Creed? I had forgot about those late 90s-early 00s rock bands.

You're right...Savage Garden were like 5 years early. They may be like Elastica in the sense that what's essentially a one album band decades past it's prime will not see much reunion demand. They are like a brief snapshot in time without an actual legacy.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Journey w/Steve Perry should happen. They could likely sell out Vegas arena's for a month.t

Time sure makes our posts look good/bad. Journey is in Vegas, without Perry, of course. They sold out a first run and had to add shows a month later.

Steve Perry released a CD, and his voice is not what it was, but it's still great. He still has the phrasing, the ability to turn a one syllable word into 5 and not sound cheesy, and most of all he's matured. Husky voice with total control. His CD is really good, heartbreaking. You all probably heard the story as he did a massive PR push, unlike our ginger haired gun. It's real emotion in his work. It's among my favorite new music of the past few years.

John 5 plays n and helped write this track.

This might be my favorite, with an actual real video.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

John 5 lol. Wasn't there talk years ago of him joining GnR?  Was that after BH left?  Not knocking him, I'm sure he's a good guitarist. Just funny, 15 years ago, wow time flew!

James

James wrote:

I remember the Steve Perry video but never checked out that whole album. I should.

I'll never forget getting Escape for my 7th birthday. That Journey Atari game was great for it's time. Couple months ago I saw a site that let you play every game. I lasted about 30 seconds before I turned it off.

Pasnow, the John 5 thing was fake insiders flipping a coin between him and Bumblefoot.

Board footer