You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N Roses Live at the Whiskey 88- Used to Love Her(minus Adler)

James wrote:

Saw this on Metal Sludge....

drummer Howard Teman filling in for Adler.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Never heard about this. Did Adler break his arm twice? I only remember Fred Courey.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Never heard about this. Did Adler break his arm twice? I only remember Fred Courey.

I had never seen it either.

How long was that arm broken?

Don't forget Don Henley in 89....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Saw this on Metal Sludge....

drummer Howard Teman filling in for Adler.

Greatest band ever!  Richard Fortus looks so fucking cool there!

Slash in those two videos is just incredible.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Really SG? I thought the Patience solo was garbage...maybe just because they hadn't really finalized it yet, but it was not a very good job of improvisation...which he is generally very good at.

These videos underscore the fact that Adler is NOT important. I feel like there is a lot of revisionist history with the "Adler" era, if you can even call it that. Did he play drums on one of the most iconic albums ever? Of course. But even when the album was actually relevant he could be replaced at literally the drop of a hat, and they never took a hit for it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Really SG? I thought the Patience solo was garbage...maybe just because they hadn't really finalized it yet, but it was not a very good job of improvisation...which he is generally very good at.

These videos underscore the fact that Adler is NOT important. I feel like there is a lot of revisionist history with the "Adler" era, if you can even call it that. Did he play drums on one of the most iconic albums ever? Of course. But even when the album was actually relevant he could be replaced at literally the drop of a hat, and they never took a hit for it.

I love his Patience solos. He is beyond wasted and is playing some great diatonic note selections. I loved it!!

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

These videos underscore the fact that Adler is NOT important.

Karma. I was wondering how long it would be until this got brought up. From 87-89, they had three different drummers fill in for him. I had never even heard of this particular substitution before.

Do any of our historians know the details about this specific show?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

But even when the album was actually relevant he could be replaced at literally the drop of a hat, and they never took a hit for it.

They didn't take a hit when Izzy left either.

It might be easy to play Adler's parts, but he brought his own sound that hasn't been replicated in GN'R yet.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Love when Axl kicks in the rasp on used to love her.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

But even when the album was actually relevant he could be replaced at literally the drop of a hat, and they never took a hit for it.

They didn't take a hit when Izzy left either.

Like hell they didn't. Have you had a look at that post Izzy GNR discography lately? 16

Board footer