You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Poll: Do you want Izzy with GNR in Vegas, Coachella, Mexico City....

faldor wrote:

Of course I'd like him to be a part of this, as often as he'd like. It's not a make or break for me, as Axl & Slash alone is enough for me, but any bit extra would sweeten the pot. Didn't think about it until SG mentioned it, but this could be all about money. Isn't it always? Didn't Izzy get paid (I'll refrain from saying demanded) a large sum for his pop in guest appearances with the band over the years? Maybe they didn't want to commit such a large sum to him if they didn't feel like he was up for it full time and instead are waiting until the last minute to negotiate something for partial involvement. Unless he wants in full time. I think you'd have to seriously consider that, unless of course the plan really is to hold out Izzy and Steven for he 30th anniversary next year. Lots of possible scenarios.

Do you want Izzy to be with GNR in Vegas, Coachella, Mexico City.....

Yes 88%
No 12%
Total votes: 33
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

this could be all about money.

I'm not willing to go there....yet.

If that winds up being the case...well to the use the words of one Mr. Izzy Stradlin....

Once there was this rock n' roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by......

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If that winds up being the case...well to the use the words of one Mr. Izzy Stradlin....

Rollin' on the streets
Time went by......

It's about the money

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Rollin' on the streets
Time went by......

It's about the money

+1

Seeing that Sunshines tweet/lyrics puts a new perspective of things. Izzy seems bitter. Was maybe offered a way in, didn't like the terms & now is left pissing in the wind....??

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Yes, Izzy is better than no Izzy.   But his absence is not a deal breaker for me.   I supported the hell out of the band with Axl as the only original member.

Izzy was such a huge part of their early songs and sound..

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

If it's about the money then Izzy has a very weak case. The guy that originally said "enough of this shit, I quit" is in the position to be making demands? If Axl (and Slash and Duff) lowballed Izzy they every right to.

Now if he simply was not allowed back in is a different story...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Wasnt one of Izzy's beefs for leaving in the first place was that he was being treated as an employee?

...maybe things haven't changed much since 1990? Maybe Izzy is the last of the afd "fuck you to authority" spirit

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

If Izzy isn't a part of this then in my opinion it's money. Why would a a guy who has played and recorded with all 3 in recent times not join the band in some capacity? Why would the 3 not want something the fans, media, and friends not only want but know is the right thing? Money. Either someone wants too much or isn't being given enough. Unless izzy wants to part which I doubt would be true even if he is Izzy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

If Izzy isn't a part of this then in my opinion it's money. Why would a a guy who has played and recorded with all 3 in recent times not join the band in some capacity? Why would the 3 not want something the fans, media, and friends not only want but know is the right thing? Money. Either someone wants too much or isn't being given enough. Unless izzy wants to part which I doubt would be true even if he is Izzy.

Axl's part is too big and Izzy's offer was too small.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think money would absolutely have to be a factor. Having Izzy take part would be great for the fans, no doubt. But would it be money well spent? How many more tickets would be sold and how much more money would they make with his inclusion? How much would he ask for? Could they rely on him for a full tour? Is his playing up to snuff?

I don't know the answers to any of those questions, and I'm sure there are many more that could be asked. But I'm guessing it's not as easy as it would seem to us on the outside. The business side of things often gets in the way and complicates things. That could very well be happening here.

Board footer