You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Alice In Chains as Opening Act in Vegas?

James wrote:

Speaking of all those grunge bands, THIS is the most underrated song from 1991.

Turn it up LOUD.....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Tad is one of the forgotton ones. They kicked ass!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Seeing AIC open makes the Vegas show that much more awesome IMO.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

http://audioinkradio.com/2016/03/alice- … las-vegas/

GUNS N’ ROSES AND THE LEGENDARY GRUNGE BAND WILL APPEAR TOGETHER IN LAS VEGAS
Guns N’ Roses aren’t known for sharing the stage with grunge bands, but don’t tell that to Alice in Chains. The Seattle grunge boys have been tapped to open for the upcoming Guns N’ Roses reunion concerts at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on April 8 and 9.

I actually think this pairing makes sense. I find ‘80s hard rock fans have an affinity for Alice in Chains over other grunge bands.

The shows are also something of a 2016 rarity. Aside from the GN’R gigs, Alice in Chains’ only other show on the books for 2016 so far is a headlining appearance in July at the Rock Fest in Cadott, Wisconsin.

Guns N’ Roses have a handful of reunion dates booked for 2016. On top of the Las Vegas shows, the guys will headline both weekends of the Coachella Music and Arts Festival in California and perform two concerts in Mexico City, on April 19 and 20. Guns N’ Roses’ reunion lineup will feature original members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan. Original guitarist Izzy Stradlin expressed that he won’s be involved with the GN’R reunion shows.

I can dig it. Duff is tight as hell with that whole "aging Seattle 90's "Grunge Clique"...

I mean shit... Soundgarden opened up for them back in the day before their breakout Superunknown

Not to mention.....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit, I just imagined Axl and Duval doing a duet on Man in the Box. Holy fuck that would be amazing if 2006 Axl showed up.

James

James wrote:

I just saw this at Sludge. Not worthy of its own thread so I'll post it here as I'll assume AIC will open these rumored shows as well...

guns%20n%20roses%202016_zps2nrenykn.jpg

If that's even remotely close to the coming tour dates, that is horrific routing. They aren't packing those stadiums, especially in cities with multiple dates, unless massive promo starts and I mean soon.

There is zero momentum and Vegas is only weeks away.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think that is a running list of rumored dates coming from Eddie Money, etc. Not confirmed, obviously.

James

James wrote:

Yeah I know they're rumored but its not all just coming from Eddie Money. I've heard of that bay area date from someone else....maybe Ronnie Spector. wink

Board footer