You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

sandman wrote:
skippy wrote:

I bet this is just a ploy to get Angus and the others to sign over the rights to the name AC/DC to him.

that is freakin hilarious!

AtariLegend wrote:

I think we can rule out Axl doing the AC/DC gig if Guns are doing 21 cities this Summer.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I think we can rule out Axl doing the AC/DC gig if Guns are doing 21 cities this Summer.

Not unless it's a few shows, with a bunch of other singers.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

GnR can tour in the summer if AC/DC does the spring.  I still believe this is BS, but it's not impossible.  Slash is supposed to be finishing his album in the spring if I remember correctly.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think after the reunion Axl was missing something in his life.

His fans were happy with him. He would be able to look across an audience of people who were satisfied at the line up.

This Ac/Dc thing is going to fix all that. It will be 100k people a night who want brian/bon.

Maybe he just wanted to know how DJ/Robin felt all these years.

Seriously though, bullshit aside, replacing Brian Johnston is a near impossible feat....however if anyone can pull it off it's Axl. When he has his rasp...he would nail it home....but the question is....does he have his rasp?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DCK wrote:

Music fans takes this shit too seriously all the time.

Agreed. Obviously we're all hardcore fanboys/girls so we all take things to that extra level but I agree in spirit.

Let the guy have fun with the last chapter(s) of his career. He should have been on top of the world all these years. The exposure he's getting now is what we always wanted during the CD era.

Axl's ready to kick ass and chew gum and he's all out of gum....

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I assume this is happening, I've seen Tommy's instagram and numerous articles.

This is good for Mister Rose.

I know a lot of regular folk are going to shit on him, like they always do.

I only shat on him when he had that DJ fuck face in the band.

This is a positive move, and all the best.

I hope the general fans don't shit too hard on him with these reunion / reformation / 3 out of 5 shows.

'Cause it is so easy to be like oh he is always late and causes riots that's bullshit.

Not being a fanboy, but, the guy has integrity and isn't just a money grabbing hack.

So knock it out of the park Axl, and hopefully give us new Guns N' Roses music.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This story gained too much traction too quickly.

There was "chatter" in certain circles about AC/DC putting out feelers to Axl right after the Brian Johnson issue. Then when the pic of Axl in Atlanta hit the net, fans start speculating from here to Timbuktu, it takes off from there, and now some fans practically have him joining AC/DC for a tour and they're gonna do Back in Black II.

They're going do Back in Black II????  YES!!!!!!!  :-D

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
DCK wrote:

Music fans takes this shit too seriously all the time.

Agreed. Obviously we're all hardcore fanboys/girls so we all take things to that extra level but I agree in spirit.

Let the guy have fun with the last chapter(s) of his career. He should have been on top of the world all these years. The exposure he's getting now is what we always wanted during the CD era.

Axl's ready to kick ass and chew gum and he's all out of gum....

Yeah man. He threw away too much of his career playing with Chinese. If he wants to sing some AC/DC tunes, let him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He threw away too much of his career playing with Chinese.

It's a shame. It really is. It'd be like SG disbanding before DOTU, Cornell relaunches and spends 10+ years on it...or Hetfield doing the same with Load/Reload.

What makes it more of a shame is most of it wasn't "playing with Chinese". The second half of the CD saga was nothing but nostalgia tours basically which he could've been doing like he's about to do now. The fact that he was open to a reunion in 2011 but "wasn't ready yet" is so revealing on how he felt towards new GNR that late in the game.

I know interviews from here on out will ignore that era as if its Halloween III or F13 part V but I'd love for him to addresss the post album release version of the band and how that turned out.

Board footer