You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Slash Itching To Start New Velvet Revolver Disc

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Slash still wants to move forward on a solo album, which he says will feature a roster of guest vocalist.

fucking "A" 21

russtcb wrote:

But if anything delays the Velvet record, I would turn around and do that (solo album) then."

16 that may be a drastic understatement :wtf:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Ouch.

Any dream projects you are looking forward to?

I have a solo record that I'm looking forward to doing. But I'm not going to do it until the Velvet Revolver record is done. That will be in the next year or two. - Slash, 01/17/08

Slash is playing hardball. He's making it pretty clear to every other bandmember that VR is his priority, but unless they start working on the next album pretty much immediately after the tour, he'll go out and do his solo album instead. He's obviously not going to take that frontman shit from Scott; he stuck around for Axl in early '94, gave him some demos and once they got rejected, he recorded the first Snakepit album out of them.

That's pretty much Slash's attitude about studio work; do or die. Nothing like dicking around back and forth during the Libertad recording to push his buttons.

Damage control

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They should get Ezrin to do the next record.

nugdafied wrote:

They've got to do something different. While I really like CB, Libertad was a huge disappointment. I didn't even buy Libertad. After hearing some of those songs, Josh Todd & Keith Nelson might not have been such a bad idea afterall.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

They should go for a raw unpolished sounding album. A Slash dominated album with strong riffs and good hooks from Scott. Maybe a 10 to 11 song album to cut any filler.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If VR were to do another album, I'd really just want a Slash and Duff written album. Screw Kushner and Sorum, and Weiland should be a singer and maybe a singer in a different band. Let Slash and Duff write, record, get their producers, then bring in Scott to round a few things out. Don't even let Kushner record.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I think he's 'itching' to get it done so they can all do their own things and get VR out of the way.

Board footer