You are not logged in. Please register or login.

MichaelJBasso
 Rep: 1 

Re: Start times

Hey everybody,

Has Axl still been coming out late, or has he started to come out on time with GNR? How about with AC/DC? Also in terms of AC/DC I've heard that the shows are almost painfully loud, is that true? Thanks!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

WElcome to the forum. 5

Start times are no longer an issue. Amazing, isn't it? He shows up on time(in some cases early), kicks ass, on to the next show. Repeat.

I wish he had taken this approach all along. I don't think the fact he is happy and seems to be enjoying this ride at the top of the mountain can be minimized. He is taking everything seriously. The set lists themselves show he is in a different place.

If this summer tour does everything it should, they are this generation's Stones and will be until they drop dead or retire. many fans such as myself who always thought they could've been the next Stones figured the window might have closed on that but Axl came back and kicked that window wide open.

johndivney wrote:

Start times are an issue for me.
Fuck these artificial curfews. Ok for places without public transport, axl n the crew should be made aware of such crappy planning, but otherwise the later the better. All things have a place under the moon as well as the sun. Let the pop stars have their 8pm starts for the parents & the children but I want a fuckin rock n roll show.

MichaelJBasso

johndivney wrote:

Fuck these artificial curfews. Ok for places without public transport, axl n the crew should be made aware of such crappy planning, but otherwise the later the better. All things have a place under the moon as well as the sun. Let the pop stars have their 8pm starts for the parents & the children but I want a fuckin rock n roll show.

What does starting late have to do with being a 'fuckin rock n roll show'? YEAHHHHH WAITING AROUND IS GREAT, ROCK N ROLL!!!! No. Lame.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

MichaelJBasso wrote:
johndivney wrote:

What does starting late have to do with being a 'fuckin rock n roll show'? YEAHHHHH WAITING AROUND IS GREAT, ROCK N ROLL!!!! No. Lame.

I am going to piss on this.

As a defender of the seven kingdoms.

Look, Axl Rose isn't being a dick by coming on late when he did it in the past.

It isn't like he is getting a surf and turf and asking the server for more butter for his lobster.

Clearly, it has to do with what I would guess: anxiety, stage fright, psyching oneself up to perform & getting into that zone / mind frame.

I would lean heavily into the mental area. Whether it could be depression or whatever, that's what I am leaning to.

Even after 30 or so years performing it can be tolling on a person.

Not everyone is in game mode and they take their time.

It is again my assumption, leaving a safe space like your dressing room and going out into this unknown unknown.

I'm glad the times are good now.

But, never did I think Axl was just being a jack ass for taking so long. I got that it was more than that. It is such a sheep attitude to say he is basically saying let them eat cake.

Believe me I can be critical of Mister Rose. Post Robin Finck I was pissed, until this reunion. And lost interest in a band that meant so much to me in my teens are early 20s.

Let's cut the whole Axl is a late asshole routine. If I wanted to read that or the implication of that baseless fact, I'd go see what the trolls write on a site like Rolling Stone or NME.

MichaelJBasso

TheSundanceKid wrote:
MichaelJBasso wrote:
johndivney wrote:

It isn't like he is getting a surf and turf and asking the server for more butter for his lobster.

Clearly, it has to do with what I would guess: anxiety, stage fright, psyching oneself up to perform & getting into that zone / mind frame.

I would lean heavily into the mental area. Whether it could be depression or whatever, that's what I am leaning to.

It is again my assumption, leaving a safe space like your dressing room and going out into this unknown unknown.

But, never did I think Axl was just being a jack ass for taking so long. I got that it was more than that. It is such a sheep attitude to say he is basically saying let them eat cake.

Believe me I can be critical of Mister Rose. Post Robin Finck I was pissed, until this reunion. And lost interest in a band that meant so much to me in my teens are early 20s.

Let's cut the whole Axl is a late asshole routine. If I wanted to read that or the implication of that baseless fact, I'd go see what the trolls write on a site like Rolling Stone or NME.

Except hes literally said hes just a late person and he was late to work even when he lived right next to the job. So back off with your high horse calling other people sheep horseshit. When I buy a ticket I don't pay to sit around waiting for hours. Thats fucking bullshit and the least rock n roll thing on the planet.

johndivney wrote:

Don't sit around & wait. By now you have a fair idea what time he comes on at. A little sympathy of course for people who queue to get first in line, but only a little.
& I will concede on the late starts if they would publicly announce it as such, as it is it's still somewhat unpredictable. If it said the late stage times on the ticket then there'd be no ground for complaints. A rock performances should be held at night, the atmosphere's better.

MichaelJBasso

8 o'clock is night time.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

MichaelJBasso wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:
MichaelJBasso wrote:

Except hes literally said hes just a late person and he was late to work even when he lived right next to the job. So back off with your high horse calling other people sheep horseshit. When I buy a ticket I don't pay to sit around waiting for hours. Thats fucking bullshit and the least rock n roll thing on the planet.

No high horse here I call it as I see it.

I've never seen a quote from Axl Rose that he is late for the hell of it at his shows. I find those allegations to be baseless.

Also, from a PR perspective no way in this day and age he would come out and say something like that. It would be not a good thing.

Judging by the fact there is some mental illness history, I'll lean on my theory.

The jist of it, don't be such a little bitch, next time.

Don't like the potential late start don't go and if you do go bring Kleenex for your tears.

MichaelJBasso

Its not baseless. Listen to his interview with Eddie Trunk from 2006 i believe. Or maybe it was an older one I can't remember exactly which interview it was from. And wanting something to be on time isn't being a little bitch, its wanting what you paid for and not wanting to waste MY TIME waiting around. But i'm sure it must be nice not having a job and being a little internet troll whos trying to impress his friends about how late he stays up.

Board footer