You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Frontman Says GUNS N' ROSES Is Prime Example Of How Not To Act On Tour

James wrote:

Axl should take M.I.A. out on the road next time. She wont give two shits about him, and will be giving him a run for his money in the "blowing someone off the stage" department.

Then he'll have a reason to snub the opening act.

Backslash wrote:

I don't even consider things like this newsworthy or anything anymore.  We've heard the reaction from most of the opening acts and it's always the same.  We know to expect Axl to be a dick to all these guys, so it comes as no surprise when it rings true.

True, only thing I find odd is the people in the GNR camp have said Axl is the nicest guy and I am sure he is to the people he wants to be to.  Just sucks to be an opener and you are completely cut off from the  main band.  I guess these guys or any band shouldn't give a shit but that is just another reason that GNR gets a bad name.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, Axl would be nailing Mia 2 shows in to the tour.:laugh: Also, Faith No More and a few others weren't to enamored with Axl from 91-93 either.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He's been a "dick" for a long time when it comes to things like that. It's nothing new. These guys were also thrown off the Rob Zombie tour so I don't really buy into their shit and well I think they are garbage.

Pride&Glory wrote:

He's been a "dick" for a long time when it comes to things like that. It's nothing new. These guys were also thrown off the Rob Zombie tour so I don't really buy into their shit and well I think they are garbage.

Were they really.  I know nothing about this band, they probably are dicks.  At least give them the chance to prove they are dicks, maybe GNR did and that's why they wanted nothing to do with them.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
axl in lafayette @ HTGTH wrote:

Interview: Bullet for My Valentine attacks Axl Rose for disrespecting Guns N Ros
« on: Today at 04:19:02 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is according to Westword.

WW: I came across one piece where you talked about opening for Guns N' Roses, and you said they'd shown how not to act on a tour - but you didn't really elaborate. What did they do that you didn't respect?

MT: First of all, when I said 'they,' I meant 'Axl.' I didn't mean the band. I must make that clear. But that was something I got a lot of stick for on Internet forums. People saying, 'Who the fuck does he think he is? Axl's a legend!' Well, how would you fucking feel if you were standing on an arena floor for fucking six hours waiting for your idol to come on, and then he plays half an hour and fucks off? You know what I mean? The guy just had no respect for the people who were coming to his shows. We were the support band, we're doing our thing, which is cool - that's what we were there for. But he'd make people who may have traveled hundreds of miles and paid ridiculous amounts of money to see a band that wasn't even the band it was - it's just because Axl's there. And after we come off, there's three hours to wait until he's ready to decide to go on stage. Or he won't go on stage because his lamb hasn't been cooked that night, and he's not going to go on stage until he gets it. And I get stick for saying that? Well, fuck you, man. We're learning from these people, and all we learned from them was how not to do it. That's all I meant by that.

WW: So it wasn't anything that he did to you guys personally? It was more the disrespect he had for the audience?

MT: Definitely. We were treated very well. We couldn't ask for anything more. We had really good catering everyday and everything. There was no interaction with us and the bandmembers and Axl. We were totally segregated, but that's the way it rolls sometimes, and that's cool. But we were never treated badly, no. It's just being the band we are, we're very aware of what's going on around us, and we take the good and the bad in and try to use it to our benefit.

WW: In contrast, you've had nothing but good things to say about Metallica, who you got the chance to open for, too. Are they a role model for you? Would you like to see your career develop the way theirs has?

MT: Yeah, they've always been the number-one role model for me when I was a kid. They were the reason I picked up a guitar, etc. The first day on this little tour we had with them, it was like, fuck, this is weird. We knew we were in the presence of rock royalty. And ten seconds later, there was a knock on the dressing room door and there was Lars [Ulrich] introducing himself and saying how much he likes the band. We did a 'Sanitarium' cover from Master of Puppets for a remake and he said how much he enjoyed our version of it. And he said, if there was anything we needed, we should let him and the guys know, and there was no segregation. And we were like, 'Fuck, man, this is definitely how it should have been on all the other tours.' It was just a total inspiration. Him and the rest of the band and the crew made us so welcome. Anything they could do for us, they would, and they'd hang out in our dressing room, talk as friends. It was totally a bizarre, surreal experience, but at the same time, it showed us that was definitely the route we want to go in the future. Regardless of how big or successfully, potentially, that a band can be, they're totally grounded as human beings, which is amazing.

Metallica good!

Guns N' Roses bad!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm already aware of the possible flaws and conditions of a GN'R live show. But it's better than the flaws and conditions of a BFMV show. Those being shitty music.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I'm so done with crap like this...the band was given an opportunity.

The talk shit about other bands and say GN'R and Rob Zombie are low class?

Hypocrites.

...and all the while Axl and company remain silent because no response is needed...it's all caddy and a waste of time.

Board footer