You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: HEATH LEDGER DEAD

Neemo wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I mean for me it even remains to be seen if Heath will top Jack's Joker from 1989

Bill Cosby drunk, blindfolded, and with a gag ball in his mouth could top that.

That is what permanently turned me off to the Batman franchise. That first film was a snooze fest straight from the gates of hell.

I'm gonna have to watch Batman Begins before this new film comes out.

haha that deserves karma...but keep in mind people that this is a fan of peewee herman 16 19 j/k

I loved the 89 batman...batman returns put me to sleep though...but i was tired, i need to try and watch it again

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I should actually rewatch that first Batman and see if its as bad as my first impression. I was never a big Batman nut, but I went to the theater and watched that when it was released in 89. Its the worst theater experience in my life.

Jack Nicholson was playing Jack Nicholson, which is something that has plagued much of his career. He doesn't absorb himself into characters. He just plays himself. DeNiro suffers from this as well, but not to the same extent.

The first series was just a bit too cartoonish for me.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I've seen the 89 Batman on TV and it really sucks imo. I'd rather watch the George Clooney one. I would say that Batman Begins is the only good post-Adam West Batman movie that is good. I expect the Dark Knight to be good as well.

Jameslofton wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

TMZ has learned Heath Ledger had a substance abuse problem. A Ledger confidante tells us he had been clean for a year.

Contrary to several published reports, we're told Ledger had not been in rehab.

Oh boy, this is starting to look like drugs was the cause.

How can the cops say it was accidental, do they know how many pills he ingested?

Thats the bad thing about drugs(well, one of the bad things). You quit for awhile, and then when you start again, you think you can handle the previous amounts you used to take.

Yes, that's what happened is Kevin Dubrow.   It's crazy.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Didn't read through the thread yet, but when I came on here I knew you guys would be talking about it. I'm genuinely saddened by this. I was a fan. He was a phenomenal talent, now lost. RIP Heath. Much respect.

AtariLegend wrote:

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

This is a shocker and will certainly have a major effect on Hollywood.  Heath was one of the biggest young stars.  RIP.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He's this generation's River Phoenix. People will always wonder what he could have done had he never touched drugs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I've seen the 89 Batman on TV and it really sucks imo. I'd rather watch the George Clooney one. I would say that Batman Begins is the only good post-Adam West Batman movie that is good. I expect the Dark Knight to be good as well.

when i saw it in the theatre in 89 it was cutting edge 16 22

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

He's this generation's River Phoenix. People will always wonder what he could have done had he never touched drugs.

It wasn't hard drugs. It was sleeping pills. And you know WHY he was taking sleeping pills? Two words: THE JOKER. Ledger's commitment to the role led to him having sleep troubles. In November, The New York Times had an interview with him where he admitted that he was only getting 2 hours of sleep each night, that his mind was racing with ideas for the Joker character, and that he would take 2 Ambiens but STILL wake up just 1 hour later. His family also reported to the police that he had pneumonia at the time of his death, so sleeping pills + pneumonia looks to have been the biggest cause of his death. The police believe it's an accidental overdose and have said that NO HARD DRUGS were found in the apartment. Here's the interview I'm talking about:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/movie … ref=slogin

He tends to do that. He is here in London filming the latest episode of the 'Batman' franchise, 'The Dark Knight.' (Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role '” his Joker is a 'psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy' he said cheerfully '” and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

'Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,' he said. 'I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.' One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

Board footer