You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Axl and Buckethead/Robin?

Ragnar wrote:

Short answer is No. if "CDII" is released, it will feature Slash and Duff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They shouldn't have acted like assholes towards him for so long then.

Ron took advantage of the situation by toying with fans.

As far as Ron being bullied, that was school playground shit compared to what Bucket endured. Agree with ID that Axl should've kicked some asses over that bullshit. One of your key guys is being treated like garbage, walks away at a crucial time, and no one got reprimanded, except Bucket in that letter? Come on now.

Axl should've sat down and had a heated discussion with Tommy when it started, told the others to lay off or fuck off but in Tommy's defense, he said years later it all should've been handled differently. They were probably all just frustrated with the process and Bucket was an easy target.

Wagzilla.....the various trilogy concept definitely entered "plans changed" status years ago. LIkely entered a new one when Slash and Duff joined.

I disagree with Ragnar that they cant be on it. Its possible..... its just that they wont be promoted if its released.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wagzilla.....the various trilogy concept definitely entered "plans changed" status years ago. LIkely entered a new one when Slash and Duff joined.

I disagree with Ragnar that they cant be on it. Its possible..... its just that they wont be promoted if its released.

The China Exchange interview seemed to show that Axl didn't really give a fuck either way. He'd accomodate if Slash wanted to play on it but that he wanted to release more music as Guns n' Roses and he had a lot recorded already.

I just don't buy Axl not releasing CD II / CD III when he's worked so hard on them. "I worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away...". Maybe he sees Slash and Duff as helping the public accept his work with the new band.

I just think despite the tour cash cow and bad timing that Axl would want to release new music sooner than later. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Also I agree about the bullying thing but I wonder if Axl was even at the studio when it was going down and if the students weren't doing it behind the teacher's back.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Ron took advantage of the situation by toying with fans.

What do you mean by this?

Ron was always loved by fans for being one of the few to give straight talking answers from the beginning.

Towards the end of his tenure he was clearly frustrated and trying to motivate the band into doing something by his constant references to how great it would be to record with the guys, and his project of releasing single solos digitally monthly which I think might have been to try and inspire them that it doesn't have to be a twisted psychological process to release a song.

He was coy about having left for a time because he was directly asked not to discuss it by GNR management - and given the reunion we now have a pretty good idea why.

James Lofton wrote:

As far as Ron being bullied, that was school playground shit compared to what Bucket endured.

Perhaps but it still shows the organisation has no grounds to be pissy at him when it was a toxic workplace that disrespected him and a health issue he suffered.

In terms of an "easy target" I feel Ron is that - maybe because people like Bucket - but it's become fashionable to bash Ron when basically he never did anything wrong and yet the pattern behaviour of fuckheadery in regards to how this thing has been run for decades gets a pass. It's ron that's the problem? I don't think so.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The China Exchange interview seemed to show that Axl didn't really give a fuck either way. He'd accomodate if Slash wanted to play on it but that he wanted to release more music as Guns n' Roses and he had a lot recorded already.

It was interesting too how he said he might do a book one day but he doesn't want his opinion of history to cause a rift with slash.

This makes me wonder if the situation might be that he hopes Slash will want to re-do the CD songs but if it turns out he doesn't then he'll have to work out if he can get away with releasing non-slash versions with Slash in the band.

But I agree...somewhere there's nearly 2 albums left of stuff...at some point you think they'd do something with it huh!

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

This makes me wonder if the situation might be that he hopes Slash will want to re-do the CD songs but if it turns out he doesn't then he'll have to work out if he can get away with releasing non-slash versions with Slash in the band.

But I agree...somewhere there's nearly 2 albums left of stuff...at some point you think they'd do something with it huh!

If CD II is released, I'd wager there's some re-recording to accomodate Slash and Duff but I also think Axl is sentimental and realistic enough to keep major contributions by Robin and Buckethead in tact.

With releasing music, I just think that Axl has a lot to prove still. It would be wise for him to capitalize on the public good will and release more ambitious outings while you have that working in your favor. That and you aren't getting any younger. Fuck it, release an album a year.

I wonder if this all turns out like The Mats and they finally get down to making babies and it all feels icky.

For the record, I declare my bias outright: the NITL tour is a great show but nothing about this operation interests me. I checked seeing Axl and Slash off my bucket list. I'd kill for a Bucket, Brain, Melissa/Pitman, and Axl lineup.

It's been 7.5 years since CD. I should just punch myself in the dick for continuing to follow this band.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Part of me wonders if the CD "remix" album that's been in works the past few years is really CD + Slash/Duff.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

nd they finally get down to making babies and it all feels icky.

For the record, I declare my bias outright: the NITL tour is a great show but nothing about this operation interests me. I checked seeing Axl and Slash off my bucket list. I'd kill for a Bucket, Brain, Melissa/Pitman, and Axl lineup.

It's been 7.5 years since CD. I should just punch myself in the dick for continuing to follow this band.

Really?

I must say to me the prospect of Slash and Duff adding to CD songs interests me more than the idea of CD2 without them does. I think CD was amongst Axl's best work but I think the old band has a much better chemistry than what ended up on those recordings.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

well, I must say that at this point I don't really care about who's at "CD2". the real question is, if we ever see ANY release AT ALL. after some announcement, we can start debating about who's playing what. but not really now. because it gets the same every year. "ZOMG it's finally coming out this year!" but we keep saying this since... I don't know... 2010?

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Really?

I must say to me the prospect of Slash and Duff adding to CD songs interests me more than the idea of CD2 without them does. I think CD was amongst Axl's best work but I think the old band has a much better chemistry than what ended up on those recordings.

You're right about the chemistry of the album but the 2002 band had pretty amazing chemistry. I realize I'm in the minority being romantic over a band that barely existed.

We also don't know what this band would write together and if they could even manage to choose a musical direction. I like Sympathy and some Spaghetti but new songs without Izzy will be interesting.

Good points, Zombux.

Sadly speculation and all that is all we have. I'm all about new music though.

Board footer