You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: Axl and Duff interview

DtM51 wrote:

http://g1.globo.com/fantastico/noticia/ … =share-bar

Based on the wording of the new album question, and selective editing of the answer, i'm going to go ahead and say we are definitely getting something and probably soon.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

So, Axl finally caved in and called Slash not the other way around. Who could have imagined 14

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

He likes Angus being his boss, jesus, he`s on medication 14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, I noticed they left parts out and spliced it together. I like when he said it went to rehearsal and it is sounded "right".

johndivney wrote:

The manner in which he handles the question about the Lebeis family honestly kinda blew my mind. His facial expression & attitude just turn on a sixpence, he's just fuckin got that glare, but all of a sudden he answers it with a joke. It's like wtf is goin on? That still seems so unusual. I guess by now it shouldn't be so strange to see..

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
DtM51 wrote:

Based on the wording of the new album question, and selective editing of the answer, i'm going to go ahead and say we are definitely getting something and probably soon.

One could hope.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

At times this interview felt kinda awkward. I guess they just need to do more of these to find their groove again, get a little more comfortable with it (mostly Axl, Duff came across more at ease and natural). But it was great to see them give an interview to begin with, more of that please!

I liked the joke about the many, many layers on Chinese Democracy. At least Axl seems to be aware of it, which gives me hope that the next album will have a more stripped-down production style. I also had the impression that any new material will likely be actual new material, not left-over CD stuff with Duff and Slash added on top of what's already there (of course, song ideas, riffs and the likes will probably be reused, but not the actual recordings I think).

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Interesting. Still a lot of awkwardness especially in Axl - not surprising I guess given his reclusiveness over many years. Duff indeed seems a lot more natural.

On the new album front - I like the enthusiasm of some seeing this interview as positive. I can't help feeling it will take years for Axl to commit to releasing anything - hope i'm wrong and the reaction to this rebooted Gun's has changed his mindset. Would love Slash and Duff to pick over the bones of the Chinese leftovers and add another 5 brand new ones with Izzy co-writing. Pipe dream perhaps.
Striking while the iron is hot is imperative - the New Zealand shows sold out in a matter of minutes. Australia I believe the same. The demand for a legitimate GNR (which this clearly is) globally is absolutely massive still  - can't believe i'm seeing them in my hometown in 6 months time; still hasn't sunken in.

Sky Dog wrote:

what in that interview lead you to believe that Izzy will be involved in anything? Izzy even said so himself...not writing with them or playing live with them....

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

what in that interview lead you to believe that Izzy will be involved in anything? Izzy even said so himself...not writing with them or playing live with them....

There's 10-20 pages on mygnr where half of the forum insists some shitty lounge singer's band has been posting unreleased GNR songs on the down low.

I rest my case.

Board footer