You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

"He's not a war hero. He's a war hero – he's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK?"

That was funny. Inappropriate but funny.

promised to build a wall- looks to be moving forward
promised to deal with our illegal immigration problem and stop the flow of refugees- dealing with it
promised to move forward on the pipelines- done
promised to wipe his ass with TPP- done

all of this in a week and people are complaining?!? Most presidents take months to do one thing. What's next on tap? Nationwide protests when he starts creating more jobs?

We're living in the looking glass....

I didn't want any of those things...who gives a shit about oil pipelines?

The only jobs Trump will create are jobs for people who can build walls.

Then why are you complaining? It will have no impact on your life. You should be doing cartwheels down the street.

Didn't you say this wall would never be built? Now he's going to create jobs to build it?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

KellyAnne Dipshit blamed the 7 nation list on Obama this morning. I kid you not.  It's Obama's fault.

I wouldn't blame him but didn't Obama have those specific countries listed? Its ok to list them as dangerous but not ok to take action? Why bother even listing them?

Come up with a plan better that "BAN EVERYBODY".  Secondly, the people who its claimed to ban, San Bernadino, Orlando, Ft Hood, and Boston, likely would not have been stopped by this law anyway. So it's worthless.

Worthless? Really? So because it might not stop one lunatic it cant stop any others?

That would be like repealing the Brady Bill since somebody got shot yesterday.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Welcome back James!!! big_smile

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Didn't you say this wall would never be built? Now he's going to create jobs to build it?

Have you seen the list of items imported from Mexico we'll tax 20% on?  It's nowhere near what you think. It's not junk. I posted a chart a few pages back.  Basically, it's

Automobiles  80Billion
Factory machines  60B
Oil & Energy - 40B
Foods - 10B

then it goes onto things that are still important to our economy. We're depended on their imports. To say we'll raises taxes on it only hurts us as we'll buy less and pay more.  He doesn't think things out, he just does stuff then blames Obama.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Have you seen the list of items imported from Mexico we'll tax 20% on?  It's nowhere near what you think. It's not junk. I posted a chart a few pages back.  Basically, it's

Automobiles  80Billion
Factory machines  60B
Oil & Energy - 40B
Foods - 10B

then it goes onto things that are still important to our economy. We're depended on their imports. To say we'll raises taxes on it only hurts us as we'll buy less and pay more.  He doesn't think things out, he just does stuff then blames Obama.

No, we're not dependent. We don't need to buy the model of car made in Mexico. We don't need Mexican made factory machines. We sure as shit don't need their oil or energy. And we don't need food from Mexico.

All of these things are nice and I hope we come to an agreement. But Mexico needs us, not the other way around. That's why their currency took a hit while the DOW continued to be at a record high. But Mexico has no bargaining power and they better toe the line and help us in preventing their citizens from coming over and taking billions of our tax dollars each year.

You lost the election. Your responses was to wear pussy hats and put speakers up who talk about blowing up the White House. And the speaker who just got out of prison for murder, torture and sexual assault. Your party had the father of the Orlando shooter stand behind Clinton. You had the mother of an attempted cop killer on stage with Clinton. And you're about to appoint a racist as the head of your party. Your party is off the rails and the more you cry about some stranger in Syria and cry it's the end of the world, the less likely you'll be to ever be able to stop Trump.

There will be no liberal equivalent of the tea party because you guys are in a constant race to be the biggest victim. There is no solidarity.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

When you scream from the mountain tops about voter fraud but several of your top cabinet picks are registered to vote in 2 states - that's hypocrisy.

And when you ban immigrants from coming to this country but don't ban the countries who provided the terrorists who committed 9/11 or the countries who have provided the terrorists who have killed the most Americans - you have to ask WTF is this really about.

Hypocrisy abound...

Comparisons to Andrew Jackson or anyone for that matter 1 week in are grossly overstated.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

When you scream from the mountain tops about voter fraud but several of your top cabinet picks are registered to vote in 2 states - that's hypocrisy.

And when you ban immigrants from coming to this country but don't ban the countries who provided the terrorists who committed 9/11 or the countries who have provided the terrorists who have killed the most Americans - you have to ask WTF is this really about.

Hypocrisy abound...

Comparisons to Andrew Jackson or anyone for that matter 1 week in are grossly overstated.

Being registered in 2 places isn't hypocrisy cause there's nothing illegal about that. If anything, it's evidence how bad our voting controls are. If I get a drivers license in PA, they cancel my Ohio license. Why don't we have a system like this for voter registration? But keep pretending that is remotely similar to people showing up on Election Day with a phone bill and casting a ballot.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, guess it's an ok area when it's profitable to your daughters shoe line.  And everyone has to "Make in America" except Ivanka.

20jiq6v.png

http://blogs.barrons.com/emergingmarket … -ethiopia/

Randall Flagg

Do you not understand the distinction between Egypt, Turkey and Saudi Arabia and those other nations (that Obama identified in December 2015)?  Which nations are openly hostile to the US?  Turkey is petitioning to join the EU for fucks sakes, but sure, lump them in there with Syria or Iran.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

promised to build a wall- looks to be moving forward

He still looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about, how it's going to be funded, and what the actual fucking net benefit is going to be. What a dolt...

James Lofton wrote:

promised to deal with our illegal immigration problem and stop the flow of refugees- dealing with it

Fucked up the EO big time, has absolutely zero bearing on your actual safety as an American citizen, alienates entire minorities, impacts the visa waiver program from actual allies, creates instant chaos in airports (doing considerable economical damage), contradicts himself, reverses parts of the decision, looks like an absolute nitwit in doing so. Nice...

James Lofton wrote:

promised to move forward on the pipelines- done

Marvelous, investing in obsolete energy resources, damaging the environment and basically setting us back decades in our global fight against climate change. What a smart guy...

James Lofton wrote:

promised to wipe his ass with TPP- done

Cool. Sincerely, very cool... I would've preferred it if this came from Bernie, but it's the result that matters. Now let's just see what he replaces it with ('cause replace it he'll have to). Given that he and most of his cabinet seem to be hell bent on fumbling their way through his term, I'm not optimistic about that.

James Lofton wrote:

all of this in a week and people are complaining?!? Most presidents take months to do one thing. What's next on tap? Nationwide protests when he starts creating more jobs?

He hasn't actually done anything yet, he's started a bunch of things that have created nothing but confusion, trouble and uncertainty. Yeah, he's off to a stellar start... roll

Board footer