You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Right now there no crime being investigated.

It was (and probably still is) a counter intelligence investigation, however has since morphed into a criminal investigation as well.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, you guys have been claiming Trump is guilty for months.

I wish you'd quit lying. Nobody here has drawn any conclusions, other than from the latest news, which is a clear admission of obstruction from Trump himself. The rest is us discussing articles and that's about it. There are a lot of moving parts, paired with Trump who clearly is doing everything he can to stop any further inquiry. If he was 100% innocent, then he'd co-operate and end this quickly. But instead he incriminates himself, says outrageous shit, panders to the Russians and fires the man investigating him.

At this point, even Republicans are talking about impeachment. Given the facts presented, this is hardly exaggerated behavior. It's also why Trump's attorneys are looking into the impeachment process.

But more than anything, just like Buzz, you seem to be upset with what people talk about. You two are a couple of control freaks I think. Easily angered by opinions other than your own. And more than anything you want it to stop. At the same time you both exaggerate what posters are saying. Constantly trying to get them to defend positions they aren't taking in the first place.

So quit lying. Just stop. You two want a higher quality debate? Then step up to the plate and present one for a change. Allow others to make their points without lying about what they said.

Yea, I'm a liar.  You haven't been posting anything to say Trump is guilty or you believed in piss tapes.  My apologies.  You've been completely consistent and not at all partisan the past 15 years or so.  My bad.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, you guys have been claiming Trump is guilty for months.

I wish you'd quit lying. Nobody here has drawn any conclusions, other than from the latest news, which is a clear admission of obstruction from Trump himself. The rest is us discussing articles and that's about it. There are a lot of moving parts, paired with Trump who clearly is doing everything he can to stop any further inquiry. If he was 100% innocent, then he'd co-operate and end this quickly. But instead he incriminates himself, says outrageous shit, panders to the Russians and fires the man investigating him.

At this point, even Republicans are talking about impeachment. Given the facts presented, this is hardly exaggerated behavior. It's also why Trump's attorneys are looking into the impeachment process.

But more than anything, just like Buzz, you seem to be upset with what people talk about. You two are a couple of control freaks I think. Easily angered by opinions other than your own. And more than anything you want it to stop. At the same time you both exaggerate what posters are saying. Constantly trying to get them to defend positions they aren't taking in the first place.

So quit lying. Just stop. You two want a higher quality debate? Then step up to the plate and present one for a change. Allow others to make their points without lying about what they said.

Yea, I'm a liar.  You haven't been posting anything to say Trump is guilty or you believed in piss tapes.  My apologies.  You've been completely consistent and not at all partisan the past 15 years or so.  My bad.

You want to talk about partisan?

How about the guy the supports Trump but blasts Hillary about Benghazi and e-mails.

The person that benefits most from what Trump does is Trump. In order to stay in power, Republicans refuse to criticize Trump. The funny thing about it all is....all they want to do is tear it all down. They want to tear everything down to the ground and send it the scrap heap.

Who benefits from that?

Oh yea...nevermind...stick your head back in the sand and be a partisan hack.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I'm always a little bit antsy about posting comedian's interpretations of political ongoings, but it's hard not to be charmed by the way Oliver summarizes last week's happenings in this segment:

I sincerely hope we can all agree that it's super scary that weeks like this are becoming the new normal. Putting aside wether you like or dislike some of the legislative changes Trump has been pushing for last week for a minute, the fact that they go completely under the radar is just fucking insane.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I'm always a little bit antsy about posting comedian's interpretations of political ongoings, but it's hard not to be charmed by the way Oliver summarizes last week's happenings in this segment:

I sincerely hope we can all agree that it's super scary that weeks like this are becoming the new normal. Putting aside wether you like or dislike some of the legislative changes Trump has been pushing for last week for a minute, the fact that they go completely under the radar is just fucking insane.

That was incredibly informative and helpful. You shouldn't block at sharing stuff like that. He presented important information in a way that was easy to understand and held your attention.

But I do still have one question. Why does Donald Trump get to do whatever the hell he wants and never be subject to consequences?  Why does he get that privilege? he has done this his whole fucking life. He is a pure bully, he inherited his fortune from his father, he's a loudmouth ignorant motherfucker. But man do people support his ass.

And again, I'm reminded of what really happened in last year's election. People really chose to ignore all of trumps imperfections and hyperfocus on Hillary Clinton's imperfections.

I am inclined to grant James Lofton the point that he's perfect for our culture. But if I grant him that point, then I think we have to look deeply into what our culture is right now, and admit that the American culture is pretty shitty.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Our culture is shitty. Shitty president for a shitty country.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Our culture is shitty. Shitty president for a shitty country.

Yeah this is my feelings as well. We're a nation that watches reality TV and when that's not on, staring at our phones twittering like zombies.

Our president was the star of a reality show who spends most of his day on twitter.

He is a reflection of American culture.

The Rock may run in 2020.

We'll deserve him too.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Like an SNL skit...slow reading Trump. Get a load of the ticker. Can't say that I disagree with him. These guys are fucking losers. But it so is anybody who disagrees with him on Twitter. Such gravitas.

loser.png

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I saw some former CIA direcoter using this tragedy to blast Obama (who now has been out of office nearly half a year).

I'm really starting to believe that no one is interested in solving problems. They just want to 'point the fucking finger,' to use a Scarface phrase.

Trump escalated the efforts and like clockwork, terrorists, North Koreans, you name it....escalated their efforts. That's a potential consequence of all this.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

I saw some former CIA direcoter using this tragedy to blast Obama (who now has been out of office nearly half a year).

I'm really starting to believe that no one is interested in solving problems. They just want to 'point the fucking finger,' to use a Scarface phrase.

Trump escalated the efforts and like clockwork, terrorists, North Koreans, you name it....escalated their efforts. That's a potential consequence of all this.

And you go and blame trump.

Maybe if Barry hadn't called then them JV team and pulled out of the Middle East and watch it collapse, hajis wouldn't have flocked by the millions to Europe. But fuck western identity and culture right?  Open boarders for any brown skinned person who doesn't speak English.

Board footer