You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ummmmm no. That is in the Old Testament. The Christian faith talks of the old but Jesus was in the new and that is when the tone shift came. Turn the other cheek. Love thy neighbor. Please be honest here. Jesus was pure goodness.

Doesn't the Jewish Religion only believe in the old testament? Lol tongue

Roman Catholic (and others) recognize both old and new testament ... where some of the newer christain religions only follow the new testament...its all over the fucking place ... with no rhyme or reason really ... just founders of the religions use what ever they needed to suit what they want to beleive

The Christian faith exists because of the New Testament. If it were just the old we would all be Jews. So of course we use the old and new but it is the New that makes us Christians not the old. Also Jewish God, Muslim God, and Christian God is all the same God but clearly the Muslims view him much differently.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So of course we use the old and new but it is the New that makes us Christians not the old. Also Jewish God, Muslim God, and Christian God is all the same God but clearly the Muslims view him much differently.

They're basically different versions of the same religion whether people like it or not. It's almost important to remember that there's as many different versions of Islam (Sunni/Shia ect.) as is there is Christianity (Protestant/Catholic).

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It's all fucked.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I'd just like to say.

I'm enjoying my road trip in the US.

No real difference from Obama era to Trump era. Obviously some Trump signage and what not.

But, I loved Kentucky (Lexington is so nice). Missouri has been a blast with BBQ. St Louis (only spent a day) wasn't a bad town, Busch Stadium is great.

Kansas City holy shit, I love that town. Such a neat place.

The World War 1 memorial is majestic. I wish my country could pay that good of a tribute to our WWI veterans. Cause boy oh boy is that museum something. As someone who had a relative die in that conflict it was such a breathtaking experience.

Kaufmann Stadium is pretty sweet too. Waterfall in it is nice and cooling if you're in the outfield like my girlfriend and I were.

The drive from Missouri to Illinois was long but, so far Chicago (staying in the DePaul University area) has been solid. Cool street festivals.

Lincoln Park Zoo solid place too. And free. Like where I am from that shit would cost money our Toronto Zoo workers might be on strike still, and the Toronto Zoo is way shittier.

Now I might have a bias in all of this cause due to my Irish American Great Grandparents I have a solid fondness for America (wish I had the dual citizenship).

You guys might not have the solid health care, and some things aren't the best. But, man do you know how to honor your previous wars, know how to drive (moving over if you're going too slow in the left lane to the right, never happens in Ontario).

Also, as a non-pork eater. I get to have the bloody steak and egg biscuit at Mcdonalds or the mcmuffin version. Kentucky had a buttermilk chicken one and that was so good.

Anyhow, shit in the world especially in London sucks.

Makes you wary when you go to any city American, Canadian et cetera. So my guard is up on that.

I don't even know what this post is about.

As someone who wanted Hilldawg as President, Trump's America isn't bad. It's the people that make America Great. Regardless of their political background.

I remember a cool couple in Kansas City (as we were seeing Tom Petty), bought us beers as it is legal to drink in a vehicle if you're the passenger. They were telling us about where they were from and, I don't know their background politics wise. But, I don't think Trump is a monster or reprehensible. They kind of played up the Trump bashing. Maybe cause they thought we were really liberal. Was kind of weird, like it is cool you can like whoever ya know?

Regardless of your stance on the Donald, America in my eyes is still awesome as it was last year and the year before. You have a way different President and how they operate compared to Democrats and Republicans of the past, but it is the people. That make this place special.

Also, U.S. border agent at Fort Erie solid dude. Reminded me to sign my passport, and wasn't a dick or suggested due to the long hair that I might be a do the reefing (thanks Detroit ha). For the record I don't.

Anyhow, America!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I'd just like to say.

I'm enjoying my road trip in the US.

No real difference from Obama era to Trump era. Obviously some Trump signage and what not.

But, I loved Kentucky (Lexington is so nice). Missouri has been a blast with BBQ. St Louis (only spent a day) wasn't a bad town, Busch Stadium is great.

Kansas City holy shit, I love that town. Such a neat place.

The World War 1 memorial is majestic. I wish my country could pay that good of a tribute to our WWI veterans. Cause boy oh boy is that museum something. As someone who had a relative die in that conflict it was such a breathtaking experience.

Kaufmann Stadium is pretty sweet too. Waterfall in it is nice and cooling if you're in the outfield like my girlfriend and I were.

The drive from Missouri to Illinois was long but, so far Chicago (staying in the DePaul University area) has been solid. Cool street festivals.

Lincoln Park Zoo solid place too. And free. Like where I am from that shit would cost money our Toronto Zoo workers might be on strike still, and the Toronto Zoo is way shittier.

Now I might have a bias in all of this cause due to my Irish American Great Grandparents I have a solid fondness for America (wish I had the dual citizenship).

You guys might not have the solid health care, and some things aren't the best. But, man do you know how to honor your previous wars, know how to drive (moving over if you're going too slow in the left lane to the right, never happens in Ontario).

Also, as a non-pork eater. I get to have the bloody steak and egg biscuit at Mcdonalds or the mcmuffin version. Kentucky had a buttermilk chicken one and that was so good.

Anyhow, shit in the world especially in London sucks.

Makes you wary when you go to any city American, Canadian et cetera. So my guard is up on that.

I don't even know what this post is about.

As someone who wanted Hilldawg as President, Trump's America isn't bad. It's the people that make America Great. Regardless of their political background.

I remember a cool couple in Kansas City (as we were seeing Tom Petty), bought us beers as it is legal to drink in a vehicle if you're the passenger. They were telling us about where they were from and, I don't know their background politics wise. But, I don't think Trump is a monster or reprehensible. They kind of played up the Trump bashing. Maybe cause they thought we were really liberal. Was kind of weird, like it is cool you can like whoever ya know?

Regardless of your stance on the Donald, America in my eyes is still awesome as it was last year and the year before. You have a way different President and how they operate compared to Democrats and Republicans of the past, but it is the people. That make this place special.

Also, U.S. border agent at Fort Erie solid dude. Reminded me to sign my passport, and wasn't a dick or suggested due to the long hair that I might be a do the reefing (thanks Detroit ha). For the record I don't.

Anyhow, America!

Great post, thanks man!!! I LOVE LEXINGTON!!! Let me know if you ever make it down south.. I am in Alabama... Nashville, Tennessee is a must stop.. Kick ass town.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Saw this on twitter

Leaders Trump has attacked:

Merkel
Macron
Khan
Turnbull

Leaders Trump has praised:

Putin
Erdogan
Duterte
Jong-un

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Kentucky and Nashville are beautiful states

I've driven thru Lexington and Louisville and my father used to live in Bardstown, Kentucky

I've also stayed a couple nights in Gatlinburg, Tenessee.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Historically the Catholic Church has done some pretty terrible things in the name of God ... the Inquisition and the Crusades (which was against Muslims) come to mind ... granted that was a long fucking time ago ...

To take a line from Tony Soprano....

That was so long ago it might as well have been a movie....

Smoking Guns wrote:

No, not kind of like that. That is common thuggary etc. planning to hijack airplanes or blow up a building is a bit different. Why do we keep trying to find examples of white Americans or non muslims that do the same??

Because terrorism has been turned into a partisan issue.

The partisan hack pretense only gets dropped when its their own children that have been hacked to death.

A lot of it was little boys but there were girls too. You are correct.

Yeah...like one girl for every thousand boys.

Why haven't you said anything about Trump selling 100 billion in weapons to terrorist supporting nations?

Why didn't you say anything about Obama doing it? Now all of a sudden you're outraged by it.

Like I said, this has morphed into a partisan issue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Historically the Catholic Church has done some pretty terrible things in the name of God ... the Inquisition and the Crusades (which was against Muslims) come to mind ... granted that was a long fucking time ago ...

To take a line from Tony Soprano....

That was so long ago it might as well have been a movie....

Smoking Guns wrote:

No, not kind of like that. That is common thuggary etc. planning to hijack airplanes or blow up a building is a bit different. Why do we keep trying to find examples of white Americans or non muslims that do the same??

Because terrorism has been turned into a partisan issue.

The partisan hack pretense only gets dropped when its their own children that have been hacked to death.

A lot of it was little boys but there were girls too. You are correct.

Yeah...like one girl for every thousand boys.

Why haven't you said anything about Trump selling 100 billion in weapons to terrorist supporting nations?

Why didn't you say anything about Obama doing it? Now all of a sudden you're outraged by it.

Like I said, this has morphed into a partisan issue.

These counter points are really funny. Because I didn't speak out on it at the time it makes the act...okay?  Tbh, I didn't know, had I known I would have spoke out. The fact is he surpassed what Obama did in 8 years in that one deal.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

These counter points are really funny. Because I didn't speak out on it at the time it makes the act...okay?  Tbh, I didn't know, had I known I would have spoke out. The fact is he surpassed what Obama did in 8 years in that one deal.

You didn't know cause you didn't care to question Obama. Your media told you he was awesome and ignored all the things he fucked up on. 

Even now, you refuse to acknowledge we give weapons to these countries so they can kill the shitbags before we have to. Completely partisan. That's what happens when you rely on gut feelings and not fact. You handwaive the idiot who lacked a single successful foreign policy endeavor and wrecked the Middle East while allowing Russia to go unchecked, resulting in them being bold enough to tamper with our election. But hey, Barry talked suave so just ignore he and his party accomplished jack shit after 2009.

Board footer