You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

.I remember him all the way back when he was involved with Wrestlemania in the late 1980s.

I was talking to my uncle about that very thing awhile back. We watched WM4 and 5 on PPV back then and Trump played a big role in that. We'd never have thought back then while watching them that he'd be our president when we were in our 40s.

People who grew up in the 50s watching Bedtime for Bonzo probably thought similar in the 80s.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

johndivney wrote:

edit nevermind

I saw your post. American Nationalism and patriotism is why you're not speaking Russian or German right now. But go ahead. Please continue to attack him for recognizing the threat.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
johndivney wrote:

edit nevermind

I saw your post. American Nationalism and patriotism is why you're not speaking Russian or German right now. But go ahead. Please continue to attack him for recognizing the threat.

Based on the way trumps admin has been cozying up to Russians, we still might be speaking Russian someday.

So much hubris.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Gee golly...who does this remind you of?

Hannity.jpg

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:

https://s1.postimg.org/5puqqon33/Hannity.jpg

Clinton?

Or is it you constantly changing your claim and then denying you ever made it?  Must be all that education.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
johndivney wrote:

edit nevermind

I'm guessing I was the lucky target of his ire?

I'll withdraw from the thread now because I consider them a waste of time, partially for those reasons.

I don't have all the answers as a person but I'm asking questions, being skeptical and critical of institutions, and reading as much as I can. I'd advise everyone else to do the same. Or don't, because the truth is generally disillusioning and terrifying. Your choice.

mitchejw wrote:

Honestly, I can't listen to any of Trump's speeches anymore. I hate the man too much to take anything from it.

His Warsaw speech was uncharismatic. He's not used to reading off a prompter or memorizing long speeches. I would argue you should listen to people you hate the most. You might learn something. Or you might just pull your hair out for 20 minutes but it's worth the gamble on occasion.

See you guys in the GNR section later on maybe.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

https://s1.postimg.org/5puqqon33/Hannity.jpg

Clinton?

Or is it you constantly changing your claim and then denying you ever made it?  Must be all that education.

Do not question the all mighty ruler!

All the mind games and word play leave me wondering what you even stand for.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Similar to what I said earlier: For a group of people who are totally innocent, they sure seem to lie an awful lot about this.

"The deception is mind boggling."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5LftyJmNtA

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Kid Rock for senate!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I was talking to my uncle about that very thing awhile back. We watched WM4 and 5 on PPV back then and Trump played a big role in that. We'd never have thought back then while watching them that he'd be our president when we were in our 40s.

Yeah..i've been re-watching a lot of 80s WWF recently...and a lot of it is really strange now.

While wresting has always been kinda extreme It's noticeable now how non-pc by todays standards it is.

I love it having grown up with it - but rewatching it was quite shocking how racially insensitive and overtly homophobic stuff that wouldn't air today was just in the mainstream storylines.

Stuff like Junk Yard Dog getting Lynched, Roddy Piper fighting in blackface, the commentators views on Adorable Adrian Adonis and what he may or may not be.....and how it's sick and wrong....

If you're a wrestling fan it's classic stuff, but I was quite aghast at the same time - it really makes you notice how the public mood has alteredover the years.

Board footer