You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

Due to cost cutting measures... the light at the end of the trans tunnel will be turned off.....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have no problem with not allowing trans folks. There are currently only 250 total serving. Sounds like there was a cost associated with the trans folks.

EDIT: now they say 7,000 trans troops. That sounds almost not believable.

That's because they won't define what trans means. Just as they won't define gender. Keeping it ambiguous allows them to alter the discussion and avoid medical or objective diagnostics.

The majority of trans people get their surgery through Medicaid, because surprise, people with this condition struggle to find regular, well paying employment. The military isn't Walmart or target. You don't get to voice your opinion or hope your feelings are respected. It's the ultimate group think organization. Individuality isn't a cornerstone of its culture or policies. Some people would see the Army as a means to get their surgery, enlist for 3 years, then remain undeployable for years because of the surgery plan time and recovery. Hormone injections mess with your mind. You can't hand someone a rifle and expect them to be stable when you introduce levels of estrogen or testosterone they've never experienced before. We don't deploy pregnant women either.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I have no problem with not allowing trans folks. There are currently only 250 total serving. Sounds like there was a cost associated with the trans folks.

EDIT: now they say 7,000 trans troops. That sounds almost not believable.

That's because they won't define what trans means. Just as they won't define gender. Keeping it ambiguous allows them to alter the discussion and avoid medical or objective diagnostics.

The majority of trans people get their surgery through Medicaid, because surprise, people with this condition struggle to find regular, well paying employment. The military isn't Walmart or target. You don't get to voice your opinion or hope your feelings are respected. It's the ultimate group think organization. Individuality isn't a cornerstone of its culture or policies. Some people would see the Army as a means to get their surgery, enlist for 3 years, then remain undeployable for years because of the surgery plan time and recovery. Hormone injections mess with your mind. You can't hand someone a rifle and expect them to be stable when you introduce levels of estrogen or testosterone they've never experienced before. We don't deploy pregnant women either.

It makes sense to me. It was silly to begin with.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I can't understand why anyone would ever want to be in the military anyway.

Shit pay and shit work.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The majority get surgery through Medicaid? How would anybody know that? They are keeping track of private/public reassignment surgeries? Some national database sponsored by Breitbart? 16

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:

The majority get surgery through Medicaid? How would anybody know that? They are keeping track of private/public reassignment surgeries? Some national database sponsored by Breitbart? 16

Or maybe you could read for once instead of watching YouTube videos and being convinced of conspiracies.  Here's an article from the APA, saying that 65% of trans people earn less than 25k a year:

http://www.apa.org/pi/ses/resources/pub … /lgbt.aspx

Who qualifies for medicaid/medicare?

But please, continue to affirm your ignorance and lack of general intelligence on nearly every issue. 

If you have other articles claiming trans people are well adjusted and high earners, I'd love to read it.  But the discussion is about Trans people in the military - something you have no experience or insight too.  But please, make jokes and lob insults.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Yea...that comment was pretty absurd.

The assertion that people join the army to become eligible for the healthcare and have gender reassignment surgery and never actually serve due the health ramifications is even more absurd.

In fact, the whole thing was an Excersize  in unsupported assertions.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Or maybe you could read for once instead of watching YouTube videos and being convinced of conspiracies.  Here's an article from the APA, saying that 65% of trans people earn less than 25k a year:

But please, continue to affirm your ignorance and lack of general intelligence on nearly every issue. 

If you have other articles claiming trans people are well adjusted and high earners, I'd love to read it.  But the discussion is about Trans people in the military - something you have no experience or insight too.  But please, make jokes and lob insults.

Most people I know had gender reassignment early in life under their parents insurance.

So sorry this all makes you so uncomfortable...I know your favorite toy is very special to you Flagg. No one will take yours from you.

Not in a public bathroom or anywhere

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

The article states that 64% of Trans peeps report an income of less than 25k. That still doesn't mean the majority pay for their surgeries via Medicaid. You just said yourself that they have real loose definitions for how they define transgender. Somebody may ID as such, but doesn't mean they are going under the knife.

That article was written to educate people like you, but it seems like you just used it to draw your own conclusions. What a shocker.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

How could the real head cases who want to join the military specifically for sex change surgery make it through the initial process of joining, like the tests, and then make it through boot camp? Not everyone who wants to join actually can. I nearly joined the Army and had several people I know in the Marines try to get me to join and I have a little insight into that, so I just don't see how they could join so nonchalantly. I can assure you, one of my issues in joining had nothing to do with trans people or gays.

If you lose your ding dong and can and still want to perform your duty, I don't have an issue with it at all.

Board footer