You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

or just a random idiot spraying pepper spray.

Wait, his actions must speak for all Democrats & liberals. The same way a Muslim crazy speaks for all Muslims so we must ban them all. But when it's the Nazi flag & KKK, well, some of them were nice people.

Read what you wrote. Think of the criticism you're providing, then reverse it.

I'll do it for you.

1.) 1 person drove their car into someone
2.) hundreds of people attacked each other
3.) not everyone on each side was a member of an extremist group

Do you see the problem?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree the car wreck guy was a 'lone wolf' in murdering. But to me, carrying a Nazi flag is a remarkably bad act. Those people in that crowd saw those flags, they knew the Nazi flag was too far, yet they didn't stop. Because they wanted to be a part of it, Nazi flags or not.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree the car wreck guy was a 'lone wolf' in murdering. But to me, carrying a Nazi flag is a remarkably bad act. Those people in that crowd saw those flags, they knew the Nazi flag was too far, yet they didn't stop. Because they wanted to be a part of it, Nazi flags or not.

I'm with you 100%.  I haven't been in a march since college, but in a hypothetical march I'm attending, the moment I see confederate flags, let alone the swastika, I'm gone.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

If you're marching in a parade or protest...whatever, and various Nazi flags are flying, you're either a Nazi, or cool with Nazis and support their cause. If not, you'd leave.

That's it in a nutshell. The dregs of the right can make excuses for the attendees, but there are none.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Figured this was coming...

Edit:

It sure seems as if Trump is burning his allies. He's lashing out at a lot of GOP Congressmen, they are also speaking out about him. His inner circle seems to be tightening down. The business community is walking away from him. James Murdoch just donated a million dollars to the anti defamation league after denouncing Trump's reaction to the Nazi rally. With Bannon gone, the Breitbart crowd may not be far behind.

I don't see how he pulls out of this, it appears to be a downward trajectory.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

If you're marching in a parade or protest...whatever, and various Nazi flags are flying, you're either a Nazi, or cool with Nazis and support their cause. If not, you'd leave.

That's it in a nutshell. The dregs of the right can make excuses for the attendees, but there are none.

Agree with this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

John F Kennedy didn't support trans rights. So how long until he is a tyrant?

I'm not sure a Kennedy presidency would fly in this age.

He wouldn't lick tranny ass and that's for starters. Didn't really care about civil rights(that was Bobby's thing), he was a drug user and that would likely come out in today's world, and he was a sex addict that fucked women from secretaries to movie stars to librarians and all points in between and he barely even tried to hide it. On the surface a family man who lived the life of a rock star.

JFK's interest in MLK didn't really go beyond listening to the tapes of him screwing white women in hotels. Would that cut the mustard today?

Are we nearing the point when Trump should seriously consider resigning? If the current 24/7 fixation on Trump continues and it shows no sign of stopping, how can the country actually move forward in any capacity whatsoever? The country has never seen anything resembling what is going on today.

Will people be happy with President Pence? Who will become VP in that scenario?

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Trump called out both factions of scum for what they are yet shitlibs and leftists construed his words into him endorsing "nazis".

How stupid some Americans can be ? You, gentlemen, are aware of history and background of Antifa, are n`t you ?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Trump called out both factions of scum for what they are yet shitlibs and leftists construed his words into him endorsing "nazis".

How stupid some Americans can be ? You, gentlemen, are aware of history and background of Antifa, are n`t you ?

Condemn both sides, get labeled a Nazi and a racist.  Agree that both sides share responsibility for what happened and you support Nazis all of a sudden.  It's not easy having some level of intelligence these days with so many completely ignorant people out there.  Sadly this place is just a microcosm of society.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

On the surface, that's correct.  But here's the problem with oversimplification: you show up to a march where there are no flags (or at least none that you can see).  March starts and more people join with flags that you aren't even aware of.  Crazy leftists lump you in with them when you don't even know they are there and "out" you online as a racist.  They will defend their indefensible actions as collateral damage and say you shouldn't have been there anyway.

That doesn't appear to have been the case with this march as this one was pretty blatant, but this is a very slippery slope.  Truly innocent people will get caught up in something they aren't aware of and will be ruined because of it.  People will photoshop people into situations they weren't in to ruin them (and don't even try to claim that doesn't happen).  People are so out to get Trump (who wasn't considered a racist when he was palling around with Jesse Jackson and Sharpton as the Democrats valued his money but suddenly became one as a Republican) that they don't care who gets run over in the process.  This is all a sham.  You are being manipulated and apparently you're so filled with hate and anger that you don't even realize it.

For being the supposed peace and love people, it's amazing how many lefties are filled with hate and rage.  There's nothing genuine about what they are doing and it shows to anyone with half of a brain.

Board footer