You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Has anyone else seen all the false flag nonsense about the vegas shooters?  Shit like this infuriates me.  Comes from the same groups that claimed Sandy Hook was faked and that 9/11 was an inside job.

Yeah I saw it too.

I've been reading about the Mandela Effect and of course on such a subject, you'll eventually stumble upon conspiracy stuff. I clicked on an ATS link about ME  and on the side was their list of recent topics and there was the false flag nonsense. Got through 2 pages of that thread before exiting that tab.

God I have no idea how I read so much conspiracy stuff years ago. There's just so much idiocy now. I'm sure there was then too but nothing like now.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, if only Obama would have followed the constitution and had the senate ratify his treaties. How dare Trump exercise the same power you believe Obama had

Maybe we should just dissolve the Senate and the house and allow Trump to cast the only vote.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, if only Obama would have followed the constitution and had the senate ratify his treaties. How dare Trump exercise the same power you believe Obama had

Derp!

Total number of executive orders given:

Obama 242 to date.
Bush 290 total
Clinton 363 total
Bush 1 165 (4 years)
Reagan 380 total

Trump is already up to 30 plus.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ LOL

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You know most executive orders are actually legal, right? The complaints are about the ones that shouldn't have been made.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Derp!

Obama 242 to date.
Bush 290 total
Clinton 363 total
Bush 1 165 (4 years)
Reagan 380 total

Are you mental?  I wasn't talking about amount ordered.  Can you avoid talking points for a second?  Obama made a treaty with Iran and most of the EU.  He didn't ratify it in the Senate.  It's non-binding.  If you want me to respond to your post, please read what I wrote and respond to that.  You just embarrass yourself when you post this shit.

Oh, and you need to find an updated website for your talking points.  Barry capped out at 277.  The more you know.

Randall Flagg

buzzsaw wrote:

You know most executive orders are actually legal, right? The complaints are about the ones that shouldn't have been made.

It's really sad how anti-intellectual some people are.  It's just a team sport to them and they'll look for any idea to avoid justifying their own thoughts.  Mitch's nonsense and Neemo actually thinking it was a counterpoint really says a lot about their awareness.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Derp!

Obama 242 to date.
Bush 290 total
Clinton 363 total
Bush 1 165 (4 years)
Reagan 380 total

Are you mental?  I wasn't talking about amount ordered.  Can you avoid talking points for a second?  Obama made a treaty with Iran and most of the EU.  He didn't ratify it in the Senate.  It's non-binding.  If you want me to respond to your post, please read what I wrote and respond to that.  You just embarrass yourself when you post this shit.

Absolutely! I think I'm confused on where the OP was going with his point...is he saying Obama was a dictator who used executive orders to go around the legislative branches?

OR

Just another shot and liberals, Democrats and all the like...

More specifically in this case, it just seems as though Trump and his supporters have one goal in mind....erase from existence anything and everything Obama did from existence.

So fuck Trump.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's really sad how anti-intellectual some people are.  It's just a team sport to them and they'll look for any idea to avoid justifying their own thoughts.  Mitch's nonsense and Neemo actually thinking it was a counterpoint really says a lot about their awareness.

Derp!

you don't get to complain that Obama didn't follow the rules when the Repugs didn't follow through rules on the supreme court justice appointment....you just don't.....

You are notorious for picking and choosing when you care about proper protocols and processes.

The senate at the time wouldn’t ratify the cure for cancer at that time.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Derp!

you don't get to complain that Obama didn't follow the rules when the Repugs didn't follow through rules on the supreme court justice appointment....you just don't.....

You are notorious for picking and choosing when you care about proper protocols and processes.

The senate at the time wouldn’t ratify the cure for cancer at that time.

No, Mitch. You’re notorious for posting nonsense and imposing your anti-intellectual prowess onto others. I repeatedly said not giving Garland a vote was wrong and hoped the GOP would. But what you repeatedly fail to grasp, is the President isn’t all powerful. He needs the Senate to approve his actions.  He can’t appoint justices or make treaties without them.

So try again and tell us to fuck Trump every way and on every day that ends in Y. All you do is embarrass yourself every time you post some bullshit.

It’s not a football game and everyone has to follow the rules. The context you like to avoid because it forces you to think, does matter. The context and variables are what intelligent people look for. You’re just interested in scoring points. It’s quite obvious you don’t read.

Board footer