You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

I don’t participate in the loopholes because I pay what I owe. And I don’t think I should have to pay someone $600 at an HR block. I do my own taxes every year through taxslayer.com. I’m sure I miss a ton of deductions. I didn’t even realize interest on student loans was deductible until the last year I paid them. So I pay what I owe and move on.

I don’t send food back or stiff people on jobs either. I pay what I owe. But I don’t fault people who buck the system and find every weakness and exploit to minimize their contribution. That’s a problem of the system.  How much of what you think you should contribute is up to you. I’m
Comfortable letting the government take out their share in the simplest form possible.  Tax lawyers shouldn’t be a thing.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

To be clear...my lawyers get involved to help me create contracts...keep in compliance with HIPAA and other integral activities.

Not taxes.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Also as I understand it....

You pay taxes on your income in a hierarchy...

For example you pay 10 percent on the 18k earned....15 on the next 10k earned. These are rough numbers but the point is....you shouldn’t be paying 40 percent even before deductions.

And let it be understood this tax code rewards spending and consumption....it’s not about paying your share or not....consumptions are rewarded....as they should be.

When I pay my marketing people it’s a deduction and it should be....

I purchase a service, the service feeds money into the economy, feeds another business, employs tons of people....

I win because I have a marketing team...new clients.....this is the definition of the American economy.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

nothing Trump has done yet was as damaging for our international standing and reputation as was done with 8 years of Obama.

This is completely bonkers.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

you shouldn’t be paying 40 percent even before deductions.

Hell up here i don't even pay 30% ... I was always under the imprrssion that Americans paid way less in income taxes than Canadians

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

nothing Trump has done yet was as damaging for our international standing and reputation as was done with 8 years of Obama.

This is completely bonkers.

From an outsider looking in it appeared that Obama did quite well given the shit storm that he inherited from Bush ... also appeared that he got the shaft from a Republican lead Senate ... but again i don't follow all that closely

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Trump gets rid of subsidies for lower income Americans inside the ACA. Then goes on Twitter and says it's failing. Reminds me of Marco Rubio.

What a scumbag. Curious to see how the markets will react to this in the long run.

We can also buy useless, bare boned healthcare plans again. Nice n' cheap. Won't cover much, but now he can say he "lowered costs."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Here's a bit of a conspiracy thats plausible. Nothing major, just a minor coverup. The Vegas shooting, supposedly a security guard visited the 32nd floor, and the shooter fired close to 200 shots, only hitting him in the leg.  Then, for some reason, the shooter chose a quick suicide, abbreviating his onslaught. Now, possibly his conscious got to him, and he sobered up in a way & couldn't do it anymore. But it does seem sorta quick to suddenly stop for 1 hotel guard.

There are unknown variables in these massacres. Look at Columbine. Cops too scared to go in. They could've spent hours mowing down all those kids.

Instead they blew their initial load and then took a bullet to the brain. Had even reduced themselves to shooting at computers and walls when there's dozens of kids sitting right in front of them while they do it.

They planned on killing thousands and going out in a blaze of glory up against cops and SWAT teams.

Instead they killed 13 and gave up.

No one really knows why.

We ALL lose while both sides sit besides closed doors together toasting to their prosperity and laughing at our struggles.

That's everything in a nutshell.

Apparently wants to increase our nuclear arsenal 10 fold

What for? What good would it do?

Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?”

What a world....

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Trump signs another executive order eliminating 90 percent of Obamacare subsidies...

Still waiting for this dickwad to do one thing I can get behind...

Just loving those executive orders....except when Obama uses them.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Trump signs another executive order eliminating 90 percent of Obamacare subsidies...

Still waiting for this dickwad to do one thing I can get behind...

1/6th of the economy...

Board footer