You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think even the Dems know there isn’t real collusion so instead they will try to stick Trump on a technicality charge of  “obstruction”.

Mueller is a Democrat now? The FBI?

Do the Democrats have their own special prosecution team?

And it's not a technicality, it's a crime (if charged.)

He won’t be charged. Just like Hillary wasn’t.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I totally believe him that Trump never wanted to be President, though.

I do too.

A publicity stunt gone awry.

He had no way of knowing the country was ready for an anti-establishment candidate and would jump on to a reality TV star.

he accidentally stumbled into history...a frightening thought actually.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Guys, the 9/11 Truther gave me negative karma again.  I'm probably going to jump off a building.  I just wanted to say goodbye before I do it.  But don't forget, SLC is a 9/11 truther.  If there's one thing we all can agree on, he and his kind are truly the worst there is.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Personally, i like how Trumps mother was an illegal, so was ted Cruz’s grandfather and I’m sure if you go back far enough you’d find a few of your relatives were here illegally.

Turn that blind eye though...you’re here now and you’re legal. Fuck everyone else.

#americanvalues

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

Personally, i like how Trumps mother was an illegal, so was ted Cruz’s grandfather and I’m sure if you go back far enough you’d find a few of your relatives were here illegally.

Turn that blind eye though...you’re here now and you’re legal. Fuck everyone else.

#americanvalues

You might want to double check your claims. Neither are true.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

#americanvalues

Alright fair enough...https://www.snopes.com/donald-trumps-mother-illegal-immigrant/

Not exactly sure about the source...seems like a well researched article.

So...she may have overstayed her visa and married to stay in the country...she also claimed to be naturalized US citizen on a census...probably an error.

Isn’t this something you’ve said you were opposed to? Chain family migration?

As far as Cruz...,Cruz wasn’t even born here. Why is he even allowed in government?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

#americanvalues

Alright fair enough...https://www.snopes.com/donald-trumps-mother-illegal-immigrant/

So...she may have overstayed her visa and married to stay in the country...she also claimed to be naturalized US citizen on a census...probably an error.

As far as Cruz...,Cruz wasn’t even born here. Why is he even allowed in government?

Cruz’s Mother was a citizen, ergo he is. Same reason Obama is a citizen even if the birthers were right.

Me thinks you don’t understand how chain migration works. Under the current system, any blood relative can tag along. So your nephew whom you’ve never seen can join you once you’re in. No one wants to stop spouses or minor children. We just don’t think it means every cousin gets to come too.

Do you really think the 14th amendment was written to make anchor babies but a child born abroad to US citizens are fucked?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Cruz’s Mother was a citizen, ergo he is. Same reason Obama is a citizen even if the birthers were right.

Me thinks you don’t understand how chain migration works. Under the current system, any blood relative can tag along. So your nephew whom you’ve never seen can join you once you’re in. No one wants to stop spouses or minor children. We just don’t think it means every cousin gets to come too.

Do you really think the 14th amendment was written to make anchor babies but a child born abroad to US citizens are fucked?

I’m not sure anymore...the logic is so inconsistently applied...but if you’re telling me the same mutherfucker who questioned Obama’s citizenship is the same mutherfucker who wants to tinker with the rules...you’ll have to pardon me when i question the source.

Randall Flagg

Does anyone think this memo has any merit? I find such a huge chasm between the Dems and GOP weird. I get Nunes and Schiff were both putting a spin on stuff at first.  But this opposition to a memo is alarming. The DoJ’s opposition to its release tell me it’s probably damaging to the government, but do nothing for the case of a rogue FBI agent except let the most extreme conjur up conspiracies. And we don’t need more of that. I hope the Republicans aren’t using a Snowden event to distract from the Obstruction investigation. I guess we’ll see if Trump really wants chaos.

Mitch should be cheering for its release if he wants to see fireworks.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Does anyone think this memo has any merit? I find such a huge chasm between the Dems and GOP weird. I get Nunes and Schiff were both putting a spin on stuff at first.  But this opposition to a memo is alarming. The DoJ’s opposition to its release tell me it’s probably damaging to the government, but do nothing for the case of a rogue FBI agent except let the most extreme conjur up conspiracies. And we don’t need more of that. I hope the Republicans aren’t using a Snowden event to distract from the Obstruction investigation. I guess we’ll see if Trump really wants chaos.

Mitch should be cheering for its release if he wants to see fireworks.

You're gonna have to catch me up RF....my business has been booming lately and the only thing I've had time to watch are mindless episodes of scrubs and family guy.

Board footer