You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Nothing in that post is anywhere near as antagonistic as Hogg has been. Anthony Borges is a hero and a real victim of the shooting, not just a witness. Why the he'll isn't he on the cover of Time and the face of the shooting?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nothing in that post is anywhere near as antagonistic as Hogg has been. Anthony Borges is a hero and a real victim of the shooting, not just a witness. Why the he'll isn't he on the cover of Time and the face of the shooting?

My hero will always be the fake police school cop who ran away and showed that guns don’t stop other guns.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

My hero will always be the fake police school cop who ran away and showed that guns don’t stop other guns.

You just proved the pro gun argument. Just like in the shooter side of it, it's the person not the gun that is responsible.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You just proved the pro gun argument. Just like in the shooter side of it, it's the person not the gun that is responsible.

This observation is incompatible with their world view. People are victims and are not responsible for their actions and decisions. It has to be that way, otherwise they’d support laws that punish specific behaviors.

It’s not that your situation sucks because your mother had several children with different fathers and lacked a work ethic or education. It’s institutional racism.

It’s not your fault that you lack a skill or education that provides a well paying job. It’s that the minimum wage is too low.

It’s not that unskilled and uneducated migrants who don’t speak English are a burden. It’s just racism hating brown people.

It’s not that mentally ill or evil people should be segregated from normal society. It’s the evil NRA.

Parkland demonstrates the left’s desire to create change by forcing the “other” to forfeit their legal behavior to provide a perception of security. That’s why none of these folks provide statistics or context in their discussion. It’s why they redefine words, like calling a 19 year old a child.

They know they lose in the intellectual, academic arena. That’s why we have a boon of unscientific disciplines in college, to create a false sense of intellect and research. It’s why the fringe left lead by 3rd wave feminist argue that logic is the game of the white patriarchy, and should be abandoned.

David Hogg and his cohorts aren’t offering reasoned ideas. They’re offering expletives and rallies that are entirely dependent on emotion and rage. And when called on it, they and their supporters offer nothing but insults and attempts to silence you through bullying. This forum is the perfect example of the two sides of debate and the arguments put forth by both sides. It’s clear who’s done their homework and who is here to yell and fight.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This latest Syria news is a bit worrying. Trump announced we would be pulling out shortly, the doves and hawks had a conniption fit, and now a 180 is occurring.

Who's minding the store? If Trump is not really the commander in chief or is in name only, we've got a constitutional crisis on our hands and it has nothing to do with Russia.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

kermit the Trump wrote:

This latest Syria news is a bit worrying. Trump announced we would be pulling out shortly, the doves and hawks had a conniption fit, and now a 180 is occurring.

Who's minding the store? If Trump is not really the commander in chief or is in name only, we've got a constitutional crisis on our hands and it has nothing to do with Russia.

My understanding is he wanted to pull out immediately, and the Generals told him that's not a good idea and he listened to them rather than doing what past presidents have done, and ignored military advice.  (That's how ISIS happened right?  Someone ignored the advice of their generals, and drew red lines and called ISIS the JV team while they retook Iraq and created this mess in Syria)

Our military presence as is is largely a support role with air superiority.  It's not like Iraq or Afghanistan where American soldiers were kicking in doors and the primary military force. 

I personally don't give a shit what Assad does to his own people.  I didn't support the missile strike Trump did months after coming into office, but I didn't think they were entirely wrong if the accusation Assad launched chemical weapons from that location against civilians is true.  But I don't want another Iraq or Afghanistan.  But I have no problem wiping out a terrorist organization that wants to deploy people into western cities and bring terror to our streets.  Use every capability available to extinguish that as early as possible.  Keeping a contingent force of American military as eyes on the ground is a prudent idea in my opinion.  That's probably what Trump is going to do, so if ISIS 2.0 starts to form in the void, we can kill them early rather than call them JV players and allow them to take over 2 countries and launch suicide bombers into Europe.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I personally don't give a shit what Assad does to his own people.

Same here.

We've created another godforsaken mess out of the region. A vacuum is waiting to be filled, the Kurds will be abandoned once again and probably slaughtered by a NATO ally, list goes on.

What was the mission again? We didn't even really know going in, still don't know, and we've got some tough decisions to make in the coming years.

Look at Libya. It sounded like sunshine and lollipops until we're literally siding with Al Qaeda, Europe chickening out, and everyone lucks out with the perfect timing of Gaddafi coming out of his hole.

but its an Arab Spring!  Nothing to see here. Move along!

Its time to start wrapping this shit up. I know there are threats all over the world but these types of conflicts aren't going to fly anymore. They just create more unrest and wind up changing the region.

I don't know what they should do but its time for our military to be used in different ways. The future is now and we cant just send in the cavalry anytime we want without major repercussions. I would prefer a "peace through strength" approach a la Reagan with a 21st century mindset. While I am not anti-Russia, Putin is getting big for his britches and while trump is right that we have to engage with them, we cant just sit back and give him carte blanche.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Watching Anderson Cooper I think Roger Stone has totally played Democrats and the media. It's pretty telling Mueller hasn't paid him much attention. At the end of the day I don't think any collusion will be found with Trump. I think the big thing will be obstruction with his son's letter. Comey deserved to be fired and that will end up being pretty flimsy, even with the loyalty thing. I think Don Jr 's stupidity is his biggest threat.

BTW, another mass knife attack in England. There have been more murders in London than New York. How bout 'dem gun bans!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

BTW, another mass knife attack in England. There have been more murders in London than New York. How bout 'dem gun bans!

It's increased gang violence most likely due to a decade of cuts to police funding. If you wanna "how bout" some shit, look up when the last time a school in the UK was shot up by some psycho.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Oh, I remember you guys acting like knife attacks were no big deal. There was a knife attack at the same time as that school shooting with about the same amount of damage. Which you guys ignored and dismissed. A psycho with a knife seems to be just as deadly. Maybe you can ban knives.

Board footer