You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Why are you guys watching his rallies?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I didn't watch it cuz I enjoy them, mainly just the clips.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I wish someone would send that Uber to Melania and get her immigrant ass out of my country.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

You can watch the whole thing here. Fox News streams them live.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The rallies are entertaining

misterID

misterID wrote:

The guy from reason magazine had a good point that the rallies are basically stand up acts and no one takes him serious, except his most sycophantic minions.

I think Bernie and his voters deserve a lot of credit for Trump.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

The guy from reason magazine had a good point that the rallies are basically stand up acts and no one takes him serious, except his most sycophantic minions.

I think Bernie and his voters deserve a lot of credit for Trump.

I think Obama is more apt.  I totally get your point about Bernie offering the world without any basis in fiscal reality.  How loyal his followers were and their disregard for reality.  But Obama was the progenitor of that.  He's the Social Media President.  No, I'm not saying Obama is anything like Trump.  But Obama knew that he had a base of supporters who were just as nutty and removed from reality as the most devout Trump or Bernie supporters, and he did nothing to address their fantastical expectations.  The man was given a Nobel for making people feel good and inspiring hope.  He didn't deliver on any of that, as the world stage was objectively worse with him leaving office than before going in.

I'm not saying Obama promised the world like Bernie or Trump, but his surrogates did, and he openly embraced their rhetoric.  He had a virtual "Do no wrong" shield from every media outlet save Fox, which he disparaged and barred from the White House for a time (so please don't pretend Trump is the first to attack hostile media).

Every politician says shit they don't mean.  Every politician.  Remember how until 2012 Obama was openly against gay marriage, but democrats dismissed that by saying "He supports gay marriage, he just has to lie to keep the party united."  Or Hillary's "private" or "public" positions. 

Obama was the innovator in grassroots politics and showed how social media could be used to excite a crowd.  Bernie and Trump just took it to the next step and made mainstream what nuts had been saying on Facebook since 2008.

misterID

misterID wrote:

My view is a little different. There were many, many, many shallow people who voted for Obama because it was branded cool, so it's not surprising he had the historic youth vote who basically disappeared in '16. I think dems got star struck and cocky that his popularity reflected their positions and ideology. The shalacking of moderate dems in the midterms because of the left wingers is a good example. I think Trump was the rejection of that liberalism by moderate Obama voters. Obama was not a liberal, btw. Hillary did not have the margin of error Obama had and Bernie and his yokels fucked it up as much as her horrible campaign.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why are you entertained by trump getting on stage and making fun of other Americans because he doesn’t like them?
I find it wildly inappropriate.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why are you entertained by trump getting on stage and making fun of other Americans because he doesn’t like them?
I find it wildly inappropriate.

Where can I find you post condemning the deplorables comment?

Edit: Couldn't find it.  Only time you used the word was to call America deplorable.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 04#p310204

Board footer