You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It looks like Trumps racist base has real problem with comprise on immigration.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm sorry, I just can't get behind thinking like this.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

I'm sorry, I just can't get behind thinking like this.

[/embed]

I’m watching msnbc and they’re having a field day with it. Why?  It’s fucking true. Does anyone want to leave the US and go to Haiti? Sudan? Hell, even Mexico. Brazil is beautiful, but I’d never want to live there. MSNBC is trying to pretend it’s about race, while ignoring the huge economic and quality of life discrepancies. It couldn’t possibly be the latter that makes everyone from these “shit hole” countries risk their lives to come here while you couldn’t pay the average American $1Million to move to Somalia. Norway is a desirable country to live in. It’s consistently ranked #1 in terms of quality of life. Immigrants that are educated and want to be in the upper class are more desireable than immigrants that are uneducated and tend to not only be incredibly poor, but isolate themselves and not integrate well.  So yea, why aren’t we trying to get more immigrants from Norway than shit hole countries. That’s not bigoted. That’s just acting in your own best interest.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

So write off everyone in a country because of the quality of life and economic conditions. That’s painting with a broad brush and leaves out the people from those countries we actually might want.

And don’t fool yourself, very few Norwegians are knocking down our door.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

We can't even keep our own off the streets.  No need to bring in anyone else that can't contribute...we're overflowing with that already.  It's not a racist point of view, it's socioeconomicist.  Once we have control of our own citizens, then we can start worrying about people from other countries in moderation while making sure we're still taking care of our own.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

So write off everyone in a country because of the quality of life and economic conditions. That’s painting with a broad brush and leaves out the people from those countries we actually might want.

I didn’t take it in the context of everyone from a nation. Just that we’re not getting the best and brightest from these countries. We’re getting low skilled labor and uneducated, and incredibly dependent on government assistance. The reference is only to Norway’s quality of a typical citizen compared to a “shithole.”  No, it’s not nice to say. But it’s fucking true. Do you want your daughter dating a guy who lacks a high school education, works as a night clerk at Walmart, lacks ambition and no real independence, or dating a guy who has a degree, a good job, owns his own place and who’s going places?  It’s the same damn thing. At no time did skin color enter the equation.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’m actually about 50 percent Norwegian...interestingly (forgive me if I’ve shared this before) i can trace my lineage all the way back to Jane Seymour (one of king Henry’s VIIIs wives) and her brother the earl of St. Maur. Now pronounced Seymour.

But i digress....i share that to tell you that most Scandinavians find modern America to be a deplorable place. They ain’t interested in coming here.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We can't even keep our own off the streets.  No need to bring in anyone else that can't contribute...we're overflowing with that already.  It's not a racist point of view, it's socioeconomicist.  Once we have control of our own citizens, then we can start worrying about people from other countries in moderation while making sure we're still taking care of our own.

We will never have control of our own citizens.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We will never have control of our own citizens.

Either you're taking the word control the wrong way or you're admitting that there's no chance we can support more people since we can't take care of our own.  I'll assume it's the former given your political leanings...

Board footer