You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Football

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I know it kind sucks making predictions after a game has been played (KC looked good BTW. Pretty funny about the RB who never fumbled in college, fumbled his first snap, then went on to have a monster game). But anyone got any SB Preddictions?

I'm going with Pittsburgh over Atlanta.  Yep.

Not a good game for my Patriots obviously. Defense needs a lot of work and the offense certainly missed Edelman last night. On the bright side I have Kareem Hunt on two fantasy teams so they're off to a good start. Unfortunately I have the New England D on another so I'll be hitting the waiver wire next week. I have Vinatieri on a few teams and I'm worried the Colts offense could be so bad without Luck they might not even get into FG range often.

As for a SB prediction, I'd like to say New England over Green Bay. One game doesn't necessarily change my mind but Oakland would be my backup pick in the AFC.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I know it kind sucks making predictions after a game has been played (KC looked good BTW. Pretty funny about the RB who never fumbled in college, fumbled his first snap, then went on to have a monster game). But anyone got any SB Preddictions?

I'm going with Pittsburgh over Atlanta.  Yep.

Not a good game for my Patriots obviously. Defense needs a lot of work and the offense certainly missed Edelman last night. On the bright side I have Kareem Hunt on two fantasy teams so they're off to a good start. Unfortunately I have the New England D on another so I'll be hitting the waiver wire next week. I have Vinatieri on a few teams and I'm worried the Colts offense could be so bad without Luck they might not even get into FG range often.

As for a SB prediction, I'd like to say New England over Green Bay. One game doesn't necessarily change my mind but Oakland would be my backup pick in the AFC.

I have Hunt too.  Got me 41 points yesterday.

On new england, this is all I have to say:

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Shitty game for the pats last night, but the are notoriously slow starters.

The last three times they lost their opener?

2014 - Won Super Bowl
2003 - Won Super Bowl
2001 - Won Super Bowl

Randall Flagg

Anything can happen. But Brady's 40. When have they given up 42 points?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Anything can happen. But Brady's 40. When have they given up 42 points?

Most points given up in the Belichick era I believe. I'm far less concerned with Brady than I am with the defense. The offense did put up 27 points through 3 quarters. Once Amendola went out though they stalled. They need to get the running backs more involved in the short passing game that Brady loves. Without Edelman as his security blanket there's obviously going to be a transition period. But I think the fact that Brady is 40 had nothing to do with what we saw last night.

On the defense, I don't think they're as bad as they showed last night but there are some definite weaknesses there and it's going to take the awhile to work out the kinks. If they look like this in a few months I'll start to worry, but I'm not there yet.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We live in a world where Oakland is a favorite for the SB?

Parity...how I love thee....

I still cant hardly believe they're going to Vegas. That is going to be bizarre.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

KC put tape out on how to attack NE's D. Every halfway intelligent team should study that tape like the Bible. Their front seven looked like shit and that'll expose the secondary.

Brady and the O will improve but the defense is the one I'd be worried about.

It's a long season, we'll see how it shakes.

Randall Flagg

James Lofton wrote:

We live in a world where Oakland is a favorite for the SB?

Parity...how I love thee....

I still cant hardly believe they're going to Vegas. That is going to be bizarre.

Where did you see Oakland is a favorite. Maybe the AFC West, but I think they're behind NE, Pit and KC.  I'm sure they'll make the playoffs, but the Texans, Steelers, Pats, Chiefs and whoever gets the 6th seed are all going to be tough.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Don't ever, ever, ever count out the Pats. The reason the loss was so bad was that everyone was touting them as an undefeatable dynasty. They have a young and new WR unit who will no doubt get more sound during the season. The D is nowhere near as bad as has been said. KC is a good team. We shouldn't go crazy. Brady looked good but was not on the same page as his WR. Gronk looked off too... He did have Berry on him, and that was a devastating loss for KC.

Patriots should do an unPatriots move and trade for Aaron Donald.

Carr is starting to get the same ridiculous hype Luck gets.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Andys great on opening days when he has time to gameplan. On games after the bye week he's something like 13-2 or something. I didn't expect NE to be anywhere near undefeated, weren't they not even the #1 seed last year?  I just foresee another 11/12 win season, still do in a way but didn't check their schedule. AFC is tough tho with KC, Pitt, Oak.

Eagles have a great LB Mychael Kendricks who off & on is on the trading rumor. I'm not sure why but the Eagles never seem to have long term plans for him, I don't think its an attitude thing, so I'm not sure. Anyway, they aren't expecting to do very much this season so if 2-3 games go by and they're not looking like a playoff team I can easily see them trading him for a decent pick to stock up in draft picks.

And yeah, never count out Brady & the Pats. Its only 1 game. It'll be hard to repeat but they'll likely be a contender.

Board footer