You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Football

You guys wanted NE to win?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think they're both NE fans.

What a great game. Never thought the Eagles would win in a shootout last night. Felt they had a chance but not that way. Ballsy calls on 4th down (twice) took it. Having a 3rd string (undrafted) rookie RB flip it to your 3rd string TE, who threw to your backup QB, you just can't write this stuff.

Great win! Great coaching, players & GM'ing putting that team together. Fluke year but what a finish!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

I think they're both NE fans.

What a great game. Never thought the Eagles would win in a shootout last night. Felt they had a chance but not that way. Ballsy calls on 4th down (twice) took it. Having a 3rd string (undrafted) rookie RB flip it to your 3rd string TE, who threw to your backup QB, you just can't write this stuff.

Great win! Great coaching, players & GM'ing putting that team together. Fluke year but what a finish!

Yea, I’m excited to see who picks up Foles. Super bowl MVP. He won’t be a backup any longer.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I Pulled for the Patriots. It was a great game!!

johndivney wrote:

Great game. Great championship game.
Type of match you can say neither team deserved to lose. Nearly every play was excellent bar the kicking.
Pats went down defending their title like great champions.
Think Philly deserved it a little more tho, great performance of heart, fearlessness & ambition. They seemed to get the rub of the green, what little luck there was was on their side. The bounce they got on Brady’s spill.

Made up for Philadelphia fans.

When Graham got his hand to cause Brady to spill it was amazing. There’d been so much hype about that potential showdown & then it looked like Philly were never going to get close to him, & maybe even lose the game on that very play. Fuck, there were so many amazing moments. Definitely far better than last year’s game, which was fucking brilliant itself! It was just so absorbing, absolute incredible ebb & flow. Great game.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Yes NE fan. Tough one but oh well I’ve watched 5 wins and 4 losses in my lifetime.

Just sad that the feeling is the era is over...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Just sad that the feeling is the era is over...

I kinda think so in a way. He'll make the playoffs again I'm sure, but in reality making a SB in itself is a difficult task. Some good players go an entire career without making one, or just get to 1 (Marino). If NE gets bumped next season to Pittsburgh, Jax or another team, he'll be 42 the following season. Hard to make it 2 full 16 game seasons let alone playoffs/Super Bowls.

Still, if anyones gonna beat the odds it'll be Brady, but I'd say cherish what went on. 500 freaking yards is f'in unreal in a regular season game, let alone playoffs/SB.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Pretty cool insight into the Eagles trick play (with Audio). You can hear them call the play & Foles trick them with the "Kill Kill" line.

https://www.facebook.com/insidetheNFL/v … 175829495/

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I’m reading a headline that says McDaniels backed out of the Indy job...weird

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^ Interesting. Didn't hear that, but it seems he's somewhat been 'chosen' to be Belichek's successor. Only thing that would make sense outta it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh … -patriots/

Board footer