You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RAMBO

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Trailer looked pretty good, but we'll see. I just hope it's a nice bookend to the movie's franchise, a la Rocky Balboa.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Yeah.  The trailer was pretty intense!  That part where he makes hamburger outta that guy with the machine gun...whoa.

I've been looking forward to this to, so please give us a review once you've seen it.  (I was gonna say "spolier-free" review, but I guess there's not much to spoil.  Rambo gets pissed and takes out massive army single-handedly by various means.  Not exactly expecting any surprises tongue )

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I can't wait. I'm seeing it first chance I get tomorrow. Oh, here's a better review....

RAMBO
Review By: Mr Disgusting
Rating: 4/5 Skulls

I love that the '˜80s are making a triumphant return and attempting to bring us twenty-something's back to our childhood. Last year we were treated to films like TMNT, DIE HARD and even TRANSFORMERS, while 2008 is set to kick off with the return of John Rambo in Lionsgate's RAMBO. As much as I enjoyed those films, there was one single thing missing from them - the feel of the '˜80s. RAMBO takes the cake as one of the best all-time throw back movies to ever grace the big screen. Stallone, who wrote and directed the film, knew exactly what the film was and didn't do anything to sway from that. Forget modernizing and attempting to improve upon'¦ why fix something that isn't broke.

In Thailand, John Rambo (Stallone) assembles a group of mercenaries and leads them up the Salween River to a Burmese village where a group of Christian aid workers allegedly went missing

RAMBO is your run of the mill '˜80s action movie loaded with guns, explosions and great one-liners. Stallone gives John Rambo little dialogue and enough gusto to carry the movie with sheer facial intensity. Rambo is better than ever and fighting for only one reason'¦ because it's in his blood. No other reason needed. And just like all of the other great action films like ALIENS, RAMBO has an entire cast of Army punks who are your typical tough, over confident jerks who are willing to give up their lives because that's what they were born to do. Once Rambo earns their respect, they team-up and head off into one of the bloodiest battles in the history of 80s action films (remember, we're back in 1986).

Imagine bombs blowing up, peoples legs flying off, children dying, 80,000 head shots, knife gutting and we can't forget a game where landmines are placed in the water and POWs are forced to run through the water as the captors bet on who'll survive. RAMBO wasn't made for you to think, it was made to blow YOU out of the water with insane action and violence.

Although most of the dialogue is laugh out loud funny, and the storyline completely ludicrous, RAMBO is pure adrenaline for your soul. Get ready for one of the most violent rides of your life and for a trip back to the '˜80s when films were made to be mindless fun. John Rambo is back and better than ever.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This is gonna be the shit! 11

nugdafied wrote:

By bow and arrows, I hope that reviewer meant bow and explosive tipped arrows!!!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think I'll wait awhile on this. Could be good, and the first one is great. I just don't have some strong desire to see this. I know people are loving these nostalgic pieces(like in the review above), but its just a case of an aging actor looking for another mega payday and writing final chapters for the films that made him a movie star.

I'm sure I'll watch it, just not on opening weekend.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Anyone that has any doubts, don't.

I just got back from the movies and my eyes were totally glued to the screen the whole time.  I cant believe they got away with some of the stuff in this movie.  It was very violent and gory, as expected, but it may have crossed the line.  It's horrendous and you really feel for the people, and are rooting for Rambo the whole time. 

I'm not real good at reviews but it's about time they started making these kinds of movies again.

Board footer