You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2017 Predictions

AtariLegend wrote:

What do you guys think 2017 holds? Make some predictions and we can come back to it in 2018 if the forum or humanity still exists.

1; I think it'll become more apparent, that the leave vote for the UK was a disaster. However Labour won't magically win an early election.

2; I think Trump will get impeached before starting World War 3.

3; I'll go out on the limb and say more trouble in the middle east when more western/eastern foreign intervention goes disastrously wrong.

4; I don't think the nuters wishing for the rise of fascism in the EU will get their wishes however.

5; Guns N' Roses will not release a new album *Hope I'm wrong*.

6; The Winds of Winter will finally be released.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What do you guys think 2017 holds? Make some predictions and we can come back to it in 2018 if the forum or humanity still exists.

1; I think it'll become more apparent, that the leave vote for the UK was a disaster. However Labour won't magically win an early election.

2; I think Trump will get impeached before starting World War 3.

3; I'll go out on the limb and say more trouble in the middle east when more western/eastern foreign intervention goes disastrously wrong.

4; I don't think the nuters wishing for the rise of fascism in the EU will get their wishes however.

5; Guns N' Roses will not release a new album *Hope I'm wrong*.

6; The Winds of Winter will finally be released.

I like your predictions...hmmmm

1) I agree no guns album...cant believe how quickly the enthusiasm for the reunion died. It just took too long for everyone's dream to come true.

2) the Russia/Trump connection will continue to be exposed.

3) NFL ratings will continue to decline as the quality of the games becomes less entertaining.

4) the Cubs will repeat

5) guns n Roses will hold another leg of the nostalgia tour.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

1.) "conservative" leaders will be elected in France and Germany, concluding the demise of modern progressive ideology.

2.) Trump will let Ryan and McConnell handle the fine print, won't be impeached, and the country will be better off at the end of 2017 then at the start (using employment participation of age eligible workers as the benchmark)

3.) Winds of winter will be released, but late in the year, certainly not before the show starts again.

4.) Guns will conclude their cash in tour and Slash and Axl will amicably go their separate ways. No album.

5.) Guardians will be the most successful marvel
Movie, but Thor will be the best from story. Wonder Woman will do well, but the D.C. Universe will continue to not met expectations. Star Wars will be the dominant movie, but will be more rehashed material.

6.) my favorite book series, the dark tower, will be a huge flop

7.) VR will be the new fad in 2017, ushering in the biggest technological acceptance since the iPhone

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

2017 will be dominated by Trump. That's about the only thing I feel certain about.

I hope all the Marvel and Star Wars stuff bombs spectacularly so that we're done with that way of making movies. Slim chance though.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

2017 will be dominated by Trump. That's about the only thing I feel certain about.

I hope all the Marvel and Star Wars stuff bombs spectacularly so that we're done with that way of making movies. Slim chance though.

I'm tired of marvel comics and star wars....same shit for fucking decades. Action heroes are for children.

Fucking guns...I've posted more here in the garden than I have in the GnR section. There's nothing to talk about anymore. They're going through the motions. Will Axl retire when the dust settles on this version of the tour.

I'm pretty sure people will support Trunp in 2017 no matter what he does. I hope he takes away Medicaid and Medicare. I hope he takes away SS. I hope his tariffs result in rampant inflation. It's what his supporters deserve. All those people in Kentucky and Tennessee will not know what to do without all that federal aid they get. I envision an extended era of Kansas and Wisconsin and North Carolina style politics. They're already dismantling watch dog factions of government accountability. Ethics are passé.

I also predict that Trump will engage in massive deficit spending and no repugs will say a word.

I have one more prediction. Kansas City will be in the AFC championship.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

GNR will let us down even more in 2017. Sure the shows will be cool but they will still play the fucking Seeker and Axl will refuse to release ANYTHING except ugly Tshirts and Jackets.

Trump will have ups and downs in year one.

Stock Market will stay stagnant and just say in that 19,500-20,500 range.

US Economy will continue to improve

US home sales will slow a bit with Interest rate hikes.  But will be a short term slow down.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

GNR will let us down even more in 2017. Sure the shows will be cool but they will still play the fucking Seeker and Axl will refuse to release ANYTHING except ugly Tshirts and Jackets.

US home sales will slow a bit with Interest rate hikes.  But will be a short term slow down.

Curious, when interest rates go up on home sales/mortgage...how does that effect the housing market in general? Will the value of my home go up or down?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You, I like.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Curious, when interest rates go up on home sales/mortgage...how does that effect the housing market in general? Will the value of my home go up or down?

Rates hikes make the pool of purchasers smaller. However if everyone started making more money it could be offset. A small hike won't matter. But a big jump in rates could have a big slow down. I hope for rates should be in the 4% range. I fear over 5% will hurt.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Nice point about NFL ratings declining Mitchjw.

I'd say:
1. Chiefs win Super Bowl, Go Andy!
2. Tom Brady begins his final season next fall.
3. I would like to say "Walking Dead begins its final season next fall" but i think they go 1 more.
4. Guns does release an original song ona Soundtrack/movie, and 1 more just gets released virally or on FB, YT.
5. An attack occurs overseas which causes the US to consider going to war, but Trump holds back after public outcry about 'Not wanting to goto war again"
6. Making a Murderer 2 is a pretty big binge show, and Netflix releases a very popular original series which goes viral, moreso than their previous ones. I'd even guess sci-fi.
7. A very popular celebrity dies. Not as many as last year, but this celebrity will be big.
8. I'm wrong on most of these. Except for the Guns thing. That'll come true!

Board footer