You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone ever try it?  Supposed to have great health benefits.  Picked some up at my local supermarket. Vomit inducing, can't even take a shot of it.  Had a lingering cold for about a week tho so still taking it every morning. Reminds me of awful cough syrup my Mom would give me as a kid or something.

Basically, it tastes like it sounds, like apple juice (not really a cider taste, which I do like) mixed with vinegar. Blahhh

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Yeah, I used to buy some to keep my stomach acid down. I sometimes use it in salads, instead of regular vinegar.
You have to dilute it, put about 1 cl in a glass and add water, then drink it. smile

Hope you get well soon. smile You could try ginger+lemon + honey

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks, I'm not all that sick, just a lingering runny nose & hoarse throat. Taking NyQuil for that mostly.  Yeah, I suppose I could mix with water but for now trying to shoot it straight. smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Anyone ever try it?  Supposed to have great health benefits.  Picked some up at my local supermarket. Vomit inducing, can't even take a shot of it.  Had a lingering cold for about a week tho so still taking it every morning. Reminds me of awful cough syrup my Mom would give me as a kid or something.

Basically, it tastes like it sounds, like apple juice (not really a cider taste, which I do like) mixed with vinegar. Blahhh

My wife swears by it. Mixes it with water and takes it down with a straw. She doesn't look like she enjoys it by any means, but she says it makes her feel great. Never tried it myself. She's tried to have me sample it but no dice.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If you're not going to drink Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, I wouldn't even bother. Before giving up on this, try it out. If you want it to not taste raunchy, buy some of their natural honey.

In the early-mid 00s when on a temporary health kick between black holes of drug addiction, I drank it daily. Also drank varieties of teas(no sugar). It was the healthiest I had been since childhood. I felt great.

trying to shoot it straight.

That's risky. LOng term you will tear up your esophagus and stomach.

Start watering it down.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If you're not going to drink Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, I wouldn't even bother. Before giving up on this, try it out. If you want it to not taste raunchy, buy some of their natural honey.

In the early-mid 00s when on a temporary health kick between black holes of drug addiction, I drank it daily. Also drank varieties of teas(no sugar). It was the healthiest I had been since childhood. I felt great.

Start watering it down.

I do drink Bragg. AFAIK it seems to be the only one out there, although myb they're on a pretty big push. It's sortof displayed at my supermarket in the health drink/smoothie area. Just a big cardboard box of them. Maybe there's others somewhere in the store in areas I never roam. I saw a FB ad too for it, even tho I didn't make this post on FB about it, and saw a friend like or share a comment about it. Seems to be the next big thing, I won't deny it doesn't feel healthy and promote good affects after drinking.

Yeah, I quit drinking it straight. It's worth trying but you can't keep up. Once I switched to water I can't go back. A friend said someone recommended it to him on his laminate flooring or something, and once I heard that I figured I should probably dilute it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Start watering it down.

Really? I actually enjoy the taste of it by itself...but it's damaging huh? I didn't think of that

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Funny thing just happened. I was at a Vitamin Shoppe getting something, and I see this guy put a very large bottle of Braggs down on the counter while I was paying. Just kinda instincts I said 'Aww that stuffs good man, you ever try it?'   He looked at me a bit shocked, and said 'No, not yet'. Thats when it hit me, it was Charles Barkley.  From what I hear he still has a place in this area & has been seen now & then over where its at. I continued on just saying how its cleansing but to mix it with water, fumbling my words a bit as I wasn't expecting that. At the end he said 'Alright thanks brother'. 

I think he was partially glad to not hear someone call him out as he probably hears that all day long. (Pretty sure the guy in front of me went up to him to say something before he left. At the time I didn't know it was Charles so I thought myb they knew each other or worked together).

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Funny thing just happened. I was at a Vitamin Shoppe getting something, and I see this guy put a very large bottle of Braggs down on the counter while I was paying. Just kinda instincts I said 'Aww that stuffs good man, you ever try it?'   He looked at me a bit shocked, and said 'No, not yet'. Thats when it hit me, it was Charles Barkley.  From what I hear he still has a place in this area & has been seen now & then over where its at. I continued on just saying how its cleansing but to mix it with water, fumbling my words a bit as I wasn't expecting that. At the end he said 'Alright thanks brother'. 

I think he was partially glad to not hear someone call him out as he probably hears that all day long. (Pretty sure the guy in front of me went up to him to say something before he left. At the time I didn't know it was Charles so I thought myb they knew each other or worked together).

well if Charles does...everyone should...

Also, if Charles listens to you PaSnow...now you've got credibility lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great story. I love random celeb meetup stories like that.

Yeah if Charles is using it, you know its good for you.

Maybe if he had used it in 93, he'd been in better shape going against MJ and Pippen in the finals. 16

I'll never forget being at the airport in SF in 95 waiting for my mom to fly in from MO. I got there hours early and we started people watching and checking for any celebs. A limo pulled up and my aunt said something like, "Hey, maybe that's one". The guy had his head/body in the car grabbing his bag and as a joke I said, "Yeah, its probably just Weird Al Yankovic". The guy turned around when I said that, and it WAS Weird Al!

A shocking and surreal experience.

Board footer