You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Facebook Announcement

Smoking Guns wrote:

And KOHD as a tribute as we look at the arena via google earth. So cheesy. Better to do it with Slash and Fortus playing Wish You Were Here. However this same band did nothing for Bowie, Weiland, Lemmy, (they did KOHD for Prince, or Cornell. Seems like a bandwagon move honestly.

FFS, they would've been torn apart by the press if they'd released a promo with Axl belting out "You're gonna die!" after 20-odd children were murdered. And try and remember that 1) there's a sense of solidarity among musicians – all performers are thinking, "this could've been us" and 2) Duff has daughters who, a few years ago, were going to Justin Bieber concerts. GN'R's closer to that teeny-bopper world than you might think, and different performers are well within their rights to do what they feel is appropriate under the circumstances.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't consider it a bullshit reason. To make a major announcement about concerts when a bunch of kids/teens just got slaughtered at a concert would be in extremely bad taste. Then factor in the potential of his opening Jungle line about it being "time to die" being used in the promo would create a massive backlash and rightfully so.

I know as a hardcore GNR fan ANY delay can be frustrating. It was warranted in this situation.

James , it would have been a 2 full days after the bombing. Comes off as selfish a as if GNR is so huge that people may miss their announcement due to competition with news coverage of the bomb. U2 last night played Kimmel. Maybe out of respect for Manchester they should have postponed. Now, if it was the same day or day after and especially if it was a show in Manchester than sure. But it comes off like they did it for some other reason, like they weren't ready, and used the bombing as an excuse.  Why would ANYONE in Manchester be mad if GNR announced a show in LA 2 days after the bombing. There is zero correlation here.

And KOHD as a tribute as we look at the arena via google earth. So cheesy. Better to do it with Slash and Fortus playing Wish You Were Here. However this same band did nothing for Bowie, Weiland, Lemmy, (they did KOHD for Prince, or Cornell. Seems like a bandwagon move honestly.

They have hyped this album up so much anything less than and AFD 5 show Or new music they deserve a lot of Shit for.

Which song should have they chosen ? Out Ta Get Me or My Michelle ? construing everything into negative gets tedious after a while.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't consider it a bullshit reason. To make a major announcement about concerts when a bunch of kids/teens just got slaughtered at a concert would be in extremely bad taste. Then factor in the potential of his opening Jungle line about it being "time to die" being used in the promo would create a massive backlash and rightfully so.

I know as a hardcore GNR fan ANY delay can be frustrating. It was warranted in this situation.

James , it would have been a 2 full days after the bombing. Comes off as selfish a as if GNR is so huge that people may miss their announcement due to competition with news coverage of the bomb. U2 last night played Kimmel. Maybe out of respect for Manchester they should have postponed. Now, if it was the same day or day after and especially if it was a show in Manchester than sure. But it comes off like they did it for some other reason, like they weren't ready, and used the bombing as an excuse.  Why would ANYONE in Manchester be mad if GNR announced a show in LA 2 days after the bombing. There is zero correlation here.

They have hyped this album up so much anything less than and AFD 5 show Or new music they deserve a lot of Shit for.

Which song should have they chosen ? Out Ta Get Me or My Michelle ? construing everything into negative gets tedious after a while.

How does KOHD relate to a dead 8 year old? Simply play Slash and Fortus's version of Wish You Were Here. Have you read the lyrics to KOHD??! And Axl is rocking out heard to it.  Actually Cornell singing Say Hello To Heaven could have been a dual tribute. One to the children and Cornell.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Point is their PR team/Management is a fucking joke compared to other bands... everything is a fucking struggle...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

FFS, they would've been torn apart by the press if they'd released a promo with Axl belting out "You're gonna die!" after 20-odd children were murdered.

They could just do a press release for the announcement. I tend to think whatever they announce is going to be a disappointment for the hardcore fanbase, regardless of how it's announced.

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Perhaps You're crazy or the third verse of One in a million? roll

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

What did they do for the Paris, or Belgium attacks? Or Nice?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Well nothing that I remember but then again GNR have never played on the Nice promenade to my knowledge. GNR have however played at Manchester arena 3 times in recent years and VR have at least once. Maybe this one hit them a bit harder than others?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So they released a video that said "Thursday Get In The Ring".  What the fuck?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It was a bandwagon move and an effort to get likes or shares from their management team. I doubt Axl knew about it.

Board footer