You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: What GNR songs are still in your rotation?

esoterica wrote:

I listen to Better and Jungle (2006 Rock Am Ring) during workouts.

I'll sprinkle in Sympathy and Nightrain (2006 Rock Am Ring) on longer runs.

I occasionally listen to There Was A Time (1999 leak), Madagascar (2002 Fleet Center), and Civil War, Breakdown, and Estranged from UYI II.

Really no Appetite. Doesn't really do much for me or I find it annoying.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I sometimes listen to You're Crazy (1988 Fox Late Night)

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

it's weird. back in the day, i'd jam full albums and live shows start to finish. these days, i pretty much only shuffle around between a handful of songs.

- pretty tied up
- locomotive
- breakdown
- you ain't the first
- it's so easy
- mr. brownstone
- nightrain
- you're crazy (lies version)

from chinese democracy, i really only play if the world and sorry these days. if i got a good buzz going, i might bust out some of the old demos. there was a time (long solo version) gets played a lot. that song is a fuckin' journey, man. arguably axl's strongest vocal work alongside a career-defining solo from buckethead.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Have n`t listened to anything GNR in ages. I`m sick of Jungle, SCOM and Better.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

ChiDem chorus and Shackler's guitar solo keeps revolving in my head lately.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Whatever comes on randomly on Spotify...guess I am a millennial. Though when I was drunk at the airport the other I day I sought out Prostitute and quite enjoyed it!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Same for me. Listened to them a lot more since I saw them the other week. Some of the deep cuts on AFD and UYI I've not listened to in ages though. It must be years since I last heard Anything Goes or Shotgun Blues.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It must be years since I last heard Anything Goes or Shotgun Blues.

i turned on shotgun blues a few weeks ago and i was shocked at how little i remembered from the song

it was basically like my first time hearing it all over again

and man, i instantly forgot it immediately after listening

great name for a really forgettable song

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Whatever I hear on the radio...usually sweet child, kohd and jungle...tho they played civil war the other day

I don't seek out gnr tho

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I saw 4 shows last year and will see another one later this year, but I can't tell you the last time I put on a GnR song.  If I do, it's usually UYI while mowing the lawn and that was last summer.  Lately I've been listening to Live since they are opening for them in August and I only know their big hits from that one album (whatever it's called).  I very much enjoy the concert experience and still listen if it comes on randomly, but I don't go out of my way to hear it outside of the concert experience any more.  I will probably give the limited run channel a listen though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I listen to a lot of Chinese Democracy and Velvet Revolver. Also a healthy amount of Snakepit and Slash solo stuff as well.

Back in the day I used to blast illusions front to back - but now tend to do favs from them rather than the whole albums - still love to blast YCBM and some of those tracks though.

Favs from TSI get a heavy workout too. There's something sort of fresh about that album even though its covers.

Would really love an AFD remaster as I love the album but it sort of rocks harder live than on the record these days cos of the production.

I watch a lot of live show boots too. For this tour love the Houston 2016 boots (Axl was on that night!) and some of the Axl/Dc shows where he goes nuts. Also give some of the 2006 proshot GNR shows a bit of a flogging - Rock Am Ring 2006 comes to mind - pretty much put that on with beers whenever I'm having a drink.

I listen to a lot of playlists and random/shuffle mixes in general - like I've got a mix of GNR and similar bands I like (Ac/Dc, Aerosmith, Saxon etc) and have it on most of the time.

So yeah...I guess i still listen to too much GNR but in a different way than I did as a teen when I'd listen to complete records front to back....now its more about shows or fav cuts.

Board footer