You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Your Choice of Producer (And Why) For Guns Next Album...

zombux wrote:

yes, actually you're right, TSI has very solid clear rock sound smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

TSI has a huge badass sound for sure. Sorum sounds amazing on it and Clink did a great job on capturing the guitars. Ain't It Fun's mix is badass

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

UYIs with less filler and TSI production would have been amazing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah TSI sounds amazing.

But I wonder if Clink is on the outs...we didn't hear much about him in the CD era did we? Isn't one of the things of this tour that Slash and Duff could come back but not to bring any people from the past.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

But I wonder if Clink is on the outs...we didn't hear much about him in the CD era did we? Isn't one of the things of this tour that Slash and Duff could come back but not to bring any people from the past.

clink co-produced slash's debut solo album, so that probably got him in axl's doghouse.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

At this point I don't care if mc hammer produces it...lol

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

reading back thru chinese whispers.... and clink was indeed considered in '97 to produce the record.

"Guns n’ Roses have confirmed Mike Clink to produce their next album...  Sources at the band’s label, Geffen, say the inclusion of Clink doesn’t exclude involvement from Moby, the techno-rock solo artist and producer who has previously acknowledged to the media that he’s been talking to the band." (MTV, 05/22/97)

robin entered the fold around the same time. i'm sure that played a part in signaling the end for clink. in an era of freak guitarists and pro tools, he was way out of his element.

in 2017, however, with axl, slash & duff back together... i don't think anyone could produce this other than clink.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

George Drakoulias

Producer of the classic 1990 Shake Your Money Maker album by the Black Crowes. The sounds and mix on that album is outstanding. So organic.

That whole album has flawless production. I feel he could capture a raw organic sound of GNR.  Cut all the bullshit. Just get the five guys and Dizzy and make an album.

That was a mind blowing album. At 15 that was one of the albums that required a run to the Wherehouse after hearing the first song(Jealous Again).

I'll also never forget the first time hearing Remedy. My uncle and I were out driving and the radio station said new Black Crowes song and that kicked in.

What a jam.

I don't see them ever getting into a room and writing out an album. I just don't see it.

I agree. It simply doesn't compute.

It stopped being that kind of band around 1988.

At this point I don't care if mc hammer produces it...lol

Board footer