You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Your Choice of Producer (And Why) For Guns Next Album...

No idea if this topic has been done before.

But, with the long list of producers from CD. It is safe to say none will be back.

My pick would be Lindsey Buckingham.

He's a singer, musician, song writer, artistic, and knows how to deal with egos and a big band.

I don't know how hard it would be for the band to get a guy like him.

I think Lindsey Buckingham could for sure get a good rock yet artistic album out of a band like Guns.

I mean it is wishful thinking. But, that would be my pick.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

What album ?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I would say Brendan O'Brian.

I know Libertad was a disappointment but that was due to the band rushing forward and insisting on recording before they'd written enough material. Even Dave basically said the issue is the songs just weren't there.

But Brendan O'Brian has a sold history with STP, and in particular I like what he did with Ac/Dc's Black Ice, and Rock or Bust which i thought did a good job of capturing the Ac/Dc sound and sitting well with the back catalogue while still being fresh.

A Brendan O'Brian produced GNR record with Slash would probably sound like GNR again.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mike Clink

salx
 Rep: 1 

salx wrote:

Joey Sturgis. Makes the best modern sounding records I've heard. He works more with metal bands but a GN'R record would be sweet. Here's some examples:

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

Neo, there is no spoon. I mean, no album.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

SG is going to say Elvis Baskette...wait for it.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's dead, Jim.

But if they had a record they really wanted to make, then they should logically find a producer that fits that vision.

I think a post-industrial record with ambient soundscapes, piano, and acoustic guitar is largely their only play if they're making new music with any degree of freshness. A more arty GN'R Lies.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

SG is going to say Elvis Baskette...wait for it.

Already said CLINK.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I don't hate on the Clink or O'Brien, but I think they should really get someone that is an outsider and a musician  that knows what it is like to be in a big band. The egos involved with it and the balance between being creative and moving forward, yet harnessing some of your sound.

I know O'Brien is a musician, and has a good resume.

That's why I like a guy like Lindsey Buckingham. Tusk took Fleetwood Mac way out of their comfort zone, and I personally like it better than Rumours.

Also, with the Buck, you get a guy who is a guitarist that can clearly gel with Slash in that regard, and he sings and is a frontman so that goes well for Axl.

But like many have said wishful thinking.

Board footer