You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: The Creative Crisis of Guns N' Roses

zombux wrote:

yup. Antichrist demos are interesting as well. great to track the progress and watch what the final production can do to the tracks. wish there were more demos, maybe Mechanical Animals demos could be my holy grail. remember - this album was made during the time ChiDem tracks were starting to materialize as well, and Sean Beavan was brought in to help - so MA and ChiDem were both reflection of the same year or era.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The ginger could do much to atone for his sins. The only losing move is not to play.

Exactly.

No one really expects them to make a new AFD just like no one expects AC/Dc to be able to emulate Back in Black....but even the average albums of people with a lot of talent like Axl usually have something to offer.

It's so frustrating and wasteful.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I said it when the reunion happened and I'll say it again.....

Go into the studio for a month, whip up some simple rock songs of this caliber, and it'll sell/stream like hotcakes and so will concert tickets.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I think the concert tickets are selling like crazy anyway. at least as of 2016 and 17. I can imagine the momentum will start dropping after the current tour goes to its end in november 2017, then it might make sense to do something like that.
but in the GNR world, nothing ever goes according to logic, marketing rules or just simple common sense, so anything can happen.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I was too harsh on Manson.

I`m not his big fan but I like Pale Emperor in fact, I think it`s his best album since Holly Wood.

His schtick and Industrial formula are tired. He`s at his best when he channels his inner redneck.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Axl will release music on Axl time.

Somehow that doesn't make me feel too comfortable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Manson should have kept evolving with Mechanical Animals but for some reason it scared him back into the shock industrial rock.

Axl had the album ready to go in 15. Slash has done some kind of work on GNR material in the studio. I think it will come out at some point and it wouldn't surprise me if Axl's decided to play hardball with the label on the contract negotiations. I don't blame him. I think the band has commitments for the upcoming year. Meh. I think we're two years away and we could get a new Best Of with a new track between now and then. I'd rather wait and have a Ron-DJless album, though. That's my guess.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Go into the studio for a month, whip up some simple rock songs of this caliber, and it'll sell/stream like hotcakes and so will concert tickets.

The crucial difference being "Doom and Gloom" was recorded / released to hock a new Greatest Hits album.

It's another area where this band is wrapped head-to-toe in red tape.

zombux wrote:

I think the concert tickets are selling like crazy anyway.

atlas_S16RQMaHb.png
And this.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I mean I think classic major acts can always make some coin touring...but at the same time you'd think a lot of the hype for this tour was because it was essentially the reunion tour...first time in a generation to see Axl and Slash.

Next cycle they need something to freshen it up or the sales would drop a bit.

I know a lot of people who went to my city show cos they missed gnr in 1993 and this was their first chance because they don't tolerate the non-slashless versions. Not sure some of those casuals would go again though - it was their bucketlist and they ticked it off.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's the most predictable band in the world at this point.

The next cycle will be late 2019 and they could conceivably go into 2021 without a peep of new music.

Do you guys actually expect this lineup to record new, relevant music together? I have a bridge to sell you...

Axl made his intentions clear when he shacked up with AC/DC.

Board footer