You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Your Favorite B-Sides / Rare / Unreleased Songs

esoterica wrote:

I've always loved this track from Michael Jackson called "For All Time".

It was worked on for the Thriller sessions, a demo was produced for the Dangerous album in 1990, but only finally released in 2007 on the Thriller 25 Anniversary album.

I like it because it feels something like an optimistic, happy version of Earth Song in the sense that it has a light, melodic, and unobtrusive instrumental that allows Michael's voice to carry the song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Brighton Rock from Elastica very high on my list. Its short, sweet, and to the point. Its criminal that they didn't include it on the debut album. I don 't know what the fuck they were thinking. Plenty of room left on the album for it.

Kyle Petty, Son of Richard should've been on Superunknown. If not, put it on Down on the Upside. It never got a proper release until the Superunknown box set in 2014.

Karaoke should've been on a proper album as well.

James

James wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQGAa3dKsY

James

James wrote:

The album version way too polished. Probably why Lindsey has shit all over that album before.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I've never listened to Fleetwood Mac before (please don't throw things at me).

I'll check em out thanks James.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

PJ - Yellow Ledbetter & Dirty Frank are the obvious ones, along with Nirvana Sliver, and Anuerysm was always a bit of a cult hit song. I always liked 'Been A Son' from Incesticide though.

One song I always liked (to get high to when I was younger) was REM Perfect Circle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXxprhjaot4

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

This entire album of B- Sides is a masterpiece

Noel peaked with this one. He outdid himself.

Personally, I think The Masterplan is the best Oasis release.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

My brother had this cassette. Always thought they had a good rock sound. Kinda ripped Guns/LA Guns sound a bit, from that era

And I had this one, great band. Never hit it big

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I've never listened to Fleetwood Mac before (please don't throw things at me).

I'll check em out thanks James.

You've never listened to Rumours? yikes Wow. That's one of the greatest albums ever made. Its also one of the biggest selling albums. It's a must listen for all music lovers. Its all killer. no filler......well...Oh Daddy is getting close to filler territory but everything else is pure gold. Funny how its like the Thriller of the late 70s in the fact everyone owned it yet it only had four singles. When your album gets red hot to such an extent that radio is cherry picking deep cuts, milk that thing of singles.

There will never be another album like it. All the relationships among the band members were imploding and some were fucking others and the whole album is about nothing but these relationships. They were so fucked up on drugs they didn't even realize until after the fact that the album captured all that insanity.

When listening to The Chain you'll no longer be surprised that Buckingham tried strangling Stevie Nicks to death. She lucked out by him doing it in the presence of others and that's all that saved her.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The album version way too polished. Probably why Lindsey has shit all over that album before.

Damn. That one got Catchered. For sure. Lost it's swing and low key vibe.

PaSnow wrote:

Nirvana Sliver, and Anuerysm was always a bit of a cult hit song. I always liked 'Been A Son' from Incesticide though.

Aneurysm is great. Felt like a perfect hybrid of the Nevermind and In Utero styles.

James Lofton wrote:

You've never listened to Rumours? yikes

I listened to it.

In retrospect, I'd heard a lot of it between long drives listening to classic rock radio and movies/tv shows.

Anyway, good record, top tier musicianship. I'll give er a couple more spins.

Board footer