You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Neemo wrote:

Thoughts and prayers to all in its path

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I never knew it was possible for an area to get 30+" of rain.  I just thought 10 maybe 20 inches was the most. Even 4-6 inches of rain is an awfully big rainstorm.

Yeah, I feel for the ppl of Houston & SE Texas. Ashame, gonna take a loooooong time to restore that city to full again. Alot of those homes/apts are just wrecked.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Along with the rainfall, overdevelopment is a huge issue. They're building over greenlands and prairies, destroying wetlands that absorb these rains, replaced with concrete that send the floods longer distances.

They were actually warned this was going to happen for years and the county commission ignored them because Science apparently isn't real. The guy in charge of flood preparedness publicly mocked them.

When there's a new environmental law that prevents overdevelopment, developers take the government to court and magically the judges side with the developers.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The reminds me so much of the New Orleans hurricane....back when GW was around.

The citizens of New Orleans claimed that the hurricane damage/flood was a preventable, man-made tragedy. But the federal government failed them. Before and after.

Let's see how they all respond this time....showing and hanging out for a few hours is a worthless gesture.

FEMA

Fix
Everything
My
Ass

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Even if its a worthless gesture, ALL presidents do it.

Back when a tornado hit Joplin and destroyed neighborhoods(including the apartments I lived in back in 97), Obama went there for a quick photo op.

Did it help anymore than Bush or Trump's gestures?

probably not.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The reminds me so much of the New Orleans hurricane....back when GW was around.

The citizens of New Orleans claimed that the hurricane damage/flood was a preventable, man-made tragedy. But the federal government failed them. Before and after.

Exactly like Katrina. New Orleans lost nearly all of those precious wet and Greenland's to over development. As a Florida cracker, I can tell you how important those wet lands are at absorbing rain fall.

Reading all the pleas for help in real time from Port Artur is heartbreaking sad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Irma is quickly turning into a MONSTER.

If any hurricane needs to make a quick left turn, it's this one.

Board footer