You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Never before seen GNR show from 10/23/87 VIDEO INSIDE

Smoking Guns wrote:

30 years ago today, enjoy this just released footage! This is before the famous 1988 Live at the Ritz show. Some really cheesy video editing, but my God, what a badass band.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Guess I am the only one that likes this shit. Lol.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

this is a gem! so much better than "No Cash Left Behind" tour 2016-17 (as a certain stout lover of the reunion tour, called rockphantom, said himself, lol!)

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Glad you liked it. I Fucking loved it!!

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Much better than the one from few months later.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'll have to check this out later

87 was the ultimate time for GnR imo

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Thanks for posting. I remember about a year ago (maybe more), there was a guy who posted about 10 minutes of this and everyone was begging him to release the whole thing. Guess he finally got what he wanted in the trading game, or maybe he gave up and decided to share with everyone. Either way I'm glad it's out there for everyone to watch the full thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

So this finally got out. 

Material such as this is where the real value is.

I'll watch this tomorrow night.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is the best GNR stuff to come out in years. This show, 1988 Tokyo, The 1987 or 88 Marquee Show, Paris 1992 all epic shows.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

this is pretty fuckin' great. guns in their absolute prime. what a powerhouse of a band.

lmao @ axl telling robert christgau to blow himself away. wtf was that about?

Robert Christgau wrote:

Appetite for Destruction [Geffen, 1987]
It's a mug's game to deny the technical facility claimed by one-upping crits and young victims of testosterone poisoning--not only does Axl cruise where other "hard rock" singers strive, but he has a knack for believability, which in this genre is the most technical matter of all. When he melds scream and croon on the big-beat ballad, you understand why some confused young thing in an uplift bra is sure it's love sweet love. But Axl is a sucker for dark romantic abstractions--he doesn't love Night Train, he loves alcoholism. And once that sweet child o' his proves her devotion by sucking his cock for the portacam, the evil slut is ready for "See me hit you you fall down." B-

oh.

Board footer