You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Walking Papers with Duff releasing new album

So, presumably Duff will be promoting/touring this in early 2018:

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/walkingpapers

I'm well chuffed – Walking Papers was one of my favourite rock albums of recent years. Jeff Angell should've been the new Velvet Revolver singer, really; he's got the same lyrical turn of phrase as Weiland.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just heard this band.

Not bad. I need to check out that whole album.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

yeah, it is pretty good.

elevendayempire

James Lofton wrote:

I just heard this band.

Not bad. I need to check out that whole album.

This one's a bit more rock:

Angell's got a hell of a voice, and - more importantly for me - is really good at crafting a lyric. And the drummer Barrett Martin is jazz-trained (like Jimmy Chamberlin of The Smashing Pumpkins) which means he comes up with some really interesting rhythm patterns.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

The only good band/project Duff has been associated with outside of Guns`.

elevendayempire

Damn this album is good. Hope they tour it!

elevendayempire

According to this interview it looks like Duff isn't going to be touring with them:

"I don’t think Duff’s available. He’s got a cash machine over there that he’s got to tend to (laughs)."

http://loudwire.com/walking-papers-jeff … interview/

Which would lend weight to the rumours that GN'R's putting together a new record, I suppose. Bummer though, I missed out on seeing them last time they toured, and it would've been nice to catch the whole line-up once. To be fair, though, the big draw for me is Angell.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

According to this interview it looks like Duff isn't going to be touring with them:

"I don’t think Duff’s available. He’s got a cash machine over there that he’s got to tend to (laughs)."

http://loudwire.com/walking-papers-jeff … interview/

Which would lend weight to the rumours that GN'R's putting together a new record, I suppose. Bummer though, I missed out on seeing them last time they toured, and it would've been nice to catch the whole line-up once. To be fair, though, the big draw for me is Angell.

Ditto, if you read the whole interview you see how Jeff tries to avoid to discuss Duff's future involvement for over 2 questions. If you also consider that he (in an earlier interview) and also Barrett Martin basically named Duff's time away with GN'R as the main reason why they waited so long to put the record out, you gotta ask yourself why Duff now has no time to not even show up for the record's release party? Maybe Duff thought he had some time off touring, but now plans have changed because they are actually contemplating a GNR record for real? If Walking Papers got tired of waiting for him, they could have said so...

But the record is really great! I can't hide my excitement for it smile I'm gonna go see them with or without Duff if they're coming anywhere close to me again. Jeff is the big draw for me here too!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Maybe Duff thought he had some time off touring, but now plans have changed

Yep....plans have changed....and they've changed for real this time.

elevendayempire

Interview with Angell here:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/walking … tle-albums

"We caught Duff’s attention, and he invited me to try out for Velvet Revolver - I actually recorded five or six songs with Slash, Matt Sorum, Izzy and Duff."

I would literally kill to hear these tracks.

Board footer