You are not logged in. Please register or login.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

Re: Slash on Radio Sixx Sense

vipicius wrote:

In case someone has not seen it.

I did not watch, but I saw some excerpts translated into my language. There are parts about how they came back to talk, it's not like we do not know it, but it's still cool.

Slash said that it "very surreal" to look over to the side of the stage and see Axl.
https://youtu.be/vCwdfsRcEPY

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Moved this to present section as it’s relevent.

Thanks for posting. As you say nothing ground breaking but nice to hear Slash actually talk about the reunion even if nothing too new or meaty.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Moved this to present section as it’s relevent.

Thanks for posting. As you say nothing ground breaking but nice to hear Slash actually talk about the reunion even if nothing too new or meaty.

Thanks for the change. I did not realize I was in the wrong place.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

so the money grab tour just goes on. next leg startin June 3rd 2018 in Berlin.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
zombux wrote:

so the money grab tour just goes on. next leg startin June 3rd 2018 in Berlin.

How can that be man??!?!? I mean....I'm not really asking you but I'm asking.

How much money is enough? What's sober life on the road got to offer? They have made just a shit ton already.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

pitmannostalgiatourdeleted.jpg
Was so from the get go.

It's their last shot for big bucks. Slash has been pouring money hand over fist on his divorce. Axl's mortgage is likely paid up by now, but Guns co. have been undercapitalized in the past years. Duff, with his business acumen, is having a laugh.

They've likely turned profit a while ago, but then again, will they ever get another shot at this? As long as the demand is there, booking new legs is convenient. I bet it's moreso than winding down, packing everything up and letting the crew go.

I recall Hetfield breached the same topic with 'Tallica some time ago. It's like the war machine of a miltary-industrial complex, once you set it on, it'll stay on and go through a certain set of motions before eventually grinding to a halt.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Every. Single. Tour. By every band. And artist. Is. A. Money. Grab.

Seriously, it's their 9-5 job.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Correct. Bands that do album cycles do so because the albums are necessary to sell the tour. When the ACT sells the tour, new material becomes less meaningful.

Now you can cry “artistic integrity” but at the end of the day these guys just wanted to get wasted, get laid, and make money in the 80s. Nothing has really changed now.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:

Every. Single. Tour. By every band. And artist. Is. A. Money. Grab.

Seriously, it's their 9-5 job.

Thank you. I’ve seen every tour GNR have done since 06 be labelled by someone as ‘cash grab’ as if tickets should have been free or something. I’m sure they all go to work and do their job for free btw.

I notice the NITL tour is now the fourth highest grossing tour by any artist ever. Behind only U2, Stones and Coldplay. In an alternative universe GNR fans might actually be pleased with such an acheivement to see that their band still has such appeal and popularity. But no, fuck it, ‘CASH GRAB’!

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

in an alternative universe GNR fans might actually see some release, someday. but indeed, nostalgia acts never release stuff, besides some stupid greatest hits albums.
so no, this can't really be compared to Metallica or any other band. I've never been a Metallica fan, but I really like watching them onstage now, how excitedly they play the recent material.
however, in nowadays' GNR, I can't see any of that. just milking the nostalgia cow by playing mostly 30+ years old hits, ZERO interviews, ZERO talk about future, ZERO fan interaction besides selling merchandise.
no, this really isn't anywhere near an "alive" band. this just is a nostalgia cash-grab zombie.

Board footer